General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

Being a minority doesn't have to have anything to do with your appearance. The guy holds an unpopular view and instead of confronting him on those views in a fair and rational manner, they intimidate and harass him instead. They're no better than he is.

Spot on here m9.

If history has taught us anything, it's that the best way to deal with fascists is to sit them down with a cup of tea and have a chat about their feelings.

6 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Spot on here m9.

If history has taught us anything, it's that the best way to deal with fascists is to sit them down with a cup of tea and have a chat about their feelings.

If only we had tried that approach with Hitler.

1 minute ago, Tibbermoresaint said:

We did. It didn't work.

Don't think we did.

I can remember my dear old grandmother telling me that it came over the radio that we were now at war with Germany.

Her response to that was to go and bring her washing in!

3 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Don't think we did.

I can remember my dear old grandmother telling me that it came over the radio that we were now at war with Germany.

Her response to that was to go and bring her washing in!

We appeased Germany for 6 years. It didn't work.

3 minutes ago, JamieThomas said:

If a society doesn't engage a ludicrous, fradulent grifter who says racist things for money, in the cultured art of debate, can it truly consider itself a society?

178jgu.jpg

Sadly no.

Robinson must be defeated in the marketplace of ideas. 

4 hours ago, BawWatchin said:

The antifa-scists are showing themselves up as a bunch of fascists tbh.

Someone throws an egg at a Politican and gets 15 months in Jail.

Tommy Robinson  ( not his real name ) gets attacked three times in one day and the Police take no action. 

And people on here will support those Fascists who did it.

Edited by sureiknow

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
8 hours ago, muirkirk nil said:
Oh Tommy Tommy

Outstanding. Showed his true colours in the aftermath too.

Would you not? 

Throw a Milk Shake over someone with Balls and see what happens.

23 minutes ago, sureiknow said:

Someone throws an egg at a Politican and gets 15 months in Jail.

Tommy Robinson  ( not his real name ) gets attacked three times in one day and the Police take no action. 

And people on here will support those Fascists who did it.

Fascists hate non-white people, gay people, usually women, anyone who thinks equality is a good idea. The only thing stopping them from rounding people up into vans is the force of the police and the legal system.

Anti-fascists are against fascists. No-one else.

If you're worried about anti-fascists, who's side are you on?

And what do you think the British armed forces were doing between 1939 and 1945, if not killing fascists?

22 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Fascists hate non-white people, gay people, usually women, anyone who thinks equality is a good idea. The only thing stopping them from rounding people up into vans is the force of the police and the legal system.

This is wrong. Fascism isn't a particular set of beliefs, it's a system in which beliefs (regardless of what they are) are enforced onto others. I know it doesn't go down well on here. But those lefties are every bit as fascist as Tommy and his gang.

12 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

This is wrong. Fascism isn't a particular set of beliefs, it's a system in which beliefs (regardless of what they are) are enforced onto others. I know it doesn't go down well on here. But those lefties are every bit as fascist as Tommy and his gang.

Surely even you understand that "those lefties" are only targeting Tommy and his gang, and no-one else. But Tommy and his gang are targeting millions of innocent people living peacefully in this country. Surely you get that, at least?

4 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

"Anti-Fascists are as bad as Fascists" is, and has always been, the argument of an imbecile. 

Yep. It's an argument that would mean my grandfathers were as bad as Hitler cos they were in the 8th army.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Surely even you understand that "those lefties" are only targeting Tommy and his gang, and no-one else. But Tommy and his gang are targeting millions of innocent people living peacefully in this country. Surely you get that, at least?

Surely even you understand that it doesn't make it ok. Saying they're "only" targetting Tommy and his gang, doesn't justify what they're doing. Their behaviour isn't doing anything to make the world a better place, even if they're foolish enough to think so.