General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Putin has probably killed more in the UK than Stalin but I don't see the flag getting fired in about him and his cohorts. The b*****ds have all but stolen the intellectual property rights on the Salisbury cathedral spire.

And the flag conveniently seems to ignore all the countries across the globe where it's been lowered on a permanent basis - apart from making a claim on Ireland which seems rather bizarre given the absolute riding they're giving Teresa's backstop.

17 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The ‘Brexit fatigue’ strategy is having some effect (including here on P&B).

Six week’s to potential chaos and Gordon Banks’ death has bigger headlines than May’s shenanigans.

I didn't see that coming

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

It's actually only 218 years. This was the flag up till 1801. Including when republican rebels in the American colonies fancied their chances 255px-Flag_of_Great_Britain_(1707%25E2%2580%25931800).svg.png&key=9dc6f0cc55da840233c623e856e4cded779bc6fdd8bd2c69b31d8864dd6f25fa Please try harder

Hail to British West Florida!

32 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Six week’s to potential chaos and Gordon Banks’ death has bigger headlines than May’s shenanigans.

With Treesa’s delay and blackmail techniques there isn’t too many new headlines for news agencies at the moment re.Brexit.

Unless you know they wanted to cover her and Tories contemptuous behaviour but let’s not hold our breath.

Gordon Bank's apparently considered a save he made at Wembley when he arched backwards to deny a Denis Law lob in an England v Scotland match as better than THAT save.

Personally I thought Jairzinho's pinpoint cross with a running and bouncing ball on the bye line trumped the lot.

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

To be fair Farage predicted the referendum correctly whilst Carney has never predicted anything correctly.

Farage being a helmet doesn't change the fact that Carney is fucking useless and also a big finance stooge.

Farage conceded the referendum about 1.30 am. That might have been to give him more time to bung on the pound falling though, as he'd clearly had access to all the internal and illegally funded polling data.

Farage conceded the referendum about 1.30 am. That might have been to give him more time to bung on the pound falling though, as he'd clearly had access to all the internal and illegally funded polling data.

You been reading the Huff Po piece, aye? It’s a good piece tbf!

6 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

You been reading the Huff Po piece, aye? It’s a good piece tbf!

No, I remember him live on the telly. Have to admit I bought enough Euros for my holiday plans about midnight, and spent the rest of the night trying to buy some more. Nowhere was open till early morning but I got enough for the next year before it crashed.

Edited by welshbairn