General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

6 minutes ago, BawWatchin said:

So you're happy for the kids to take advantage of the free education, you're just not happy to be a contributor towards it?

Spoken like a true a̶s̶s̶h̶o̶l̶e̶  tory......... no, asshole.

I’m already contributing so not free for me.

5 minutes ago, Principal Flutie said:

So basically you're a selfish c**t who doesn't want to help people's futures?

You'd make a great Tory MP.

I’d rather not be forced to pay for your kids to go to yooni if it’s all the same.

8 minutes ago, blanco said:

I’d rather not be forced to pay for your kids to go to yooni if it’s all the same.

Ignoring the fact that your level of contribution isn't even enough to cover your own kids education, let alone anybody elses kids.

But lets remove taxation for free education and you can pay full whack instead.

18 minutes ago, blanco said:

Whether you're actually just trolling people or you sincerely believe this, I do find this kind of attitude is on the increase which I find extremely worrying............

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Whether you're actually just trolling people or you sincerely believe this, I do find this kind of attitude is on the increase which I find extremely worrying............

In all seriousness I don’t think we should have different taxation rates or thresholds from the rest of the UK. 

Just now, blanco said:

In all seriousness I don’t think we should have different taxation rates or thresholds from the rest of the UK. 

I agree. But when you have a UK Government ran by classholes of the highest order, voted in by another nation. What can you do?

2 minutes ago, blanco said:

I'd disagree with that. I think that if we can try and better the country with different taxation and have the powers to do so, then we should do that. The less we have to rely on that fucking cesspit in London to look after us, the better.

2 minutes ago, blanco said:

In some respects I don't disagree with this, however when  Westminster can't be trusted to deliver a fair taxation system which sees those who can afford it pay that little extra to support others less fortunate in their communities, then It's left the Scottish Gov with little alternative. They actually don't go far enough in my opinion.

18 minutes ago, blanco said:

Agreed. Wealthy people in England should pay more. And will when Comrade Jezza gets in and we have the likes of you lined up against the wall and shot. :)

38 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

According to the front page of the Courier they have come pretty close.

A total package of £350m is pretty decent. 90% of what you wanted is pretty good.

Smashing. Really makes me feel a great deal better about the 5 billion or so that 8.4% of the population will be putting towards a railway line that will never reach here.

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

Smashing. Really makes me feel a great deal better about the 5 billion or so that 8.4% of the population will be putting towards a railway line that will never reach here.

You need to show some solidarity.

HS2 will provide much needed investment in the North

Spoiler

of London

Really idiotic divide and rule tactics on the pay dispute for teachers - most teachers at the top of the scale are the experienced ones who know what they are doing yet they get less of a rise than inexperienced teachers lower down the pay scale. It really should be the same increase across the board.

I hope this is rejected completely.

31 minutes ago, Jambo: First Blood said:

@BawWatchin is a literal fascist so wouldn't have a clue what solidarity means or entails.

What about you? Where is your solidarity for the homeless men, women and children on the streets of Scotland, while billions of Scottish tax payers money is funded on goodies for your highly privileged chums in London?

We all know where your "solidarity" lies.

33 minutes ago, Jambo: First Blood said:

@BawWatchin is a literal fascist so wouldn't have a clue what solidarity means or entails.

You talk about fascism, but have no problem supporting a royal family who's privledge is purely down to genetics. I think we all know who the real fascist is here tbh.

2 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

I think to call it 'divide and rule' is a bit unfair tbh - a similar deal got agreed for the NHS a few months back with no controversy. If the thinking is that the bottom of the band is paid too low but the top of the band is closer to being about right then it's a perfectly sensible thing to do. EIS are just calling it divide and rule because it's a good line and the offer doesn't match their demand.

Ultimately, fair play to EIS for making a big stand for their members and for trying to make some hay out of the political importance the government are placing on education at the moment, but surely to f**k they're not actually going to get anything close to a 10% rise? There's no way any government can agree to that given what's already been agreed for other public sector staff.

They’ll have to go on strike to get that. Whether they’ve got the balls for it is a different matter.