General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Angela Rayner at Conference - I think I just fell in love all over again. An absolute poster girl for all that is good and right in today's Labour. Passion, fire and determination in one seriously forceful package.

Her speech was good today. I don’t know as much about her but Laura Pidcock seems great.

11 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

What he said really isn't acceptable. I'm astonished that it's not caused more of an outrage.

Yes it’s outrageous.  What’s equally outrageous are folk buying into the anti Semitism bullshit.

Her speech was good today. I don’t know as much about her but Laura Pidcock seems great.
Rayner has looked and sounded better every time I've spoken to her or heard her speak. No-one better qualified to talk the talk, as she's certainly walked the walk. I haven't met Laura Pidcock,but Union colleagues in her constituency tip her as one for the future. Recently having given birth for thryee first time has somewhat limited her profile recently.

I have absolutely no sympathy for the British electorate, they voted for brexit, they elected the Tory austerity and Tory brexit era governments in three general elections, as far as I’m concerned they can all go take a fcuk to themselves. Instead of being energised to try and fix Britain i’d rather leave it as part of an indy scotland and let the crayon eating knuckle draggers brexit themselves into an austerity hardon driven little england recessionfest.
This. Great post

15 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I have absolutely no sympathy for the British electorate, they voted for brexit, they elected the Tory austerity and Tory brexit era governments in three general elections, as far as I’m concerned they can all go take a fcuk to themselves.

What about the Scottish electorate that voted to stay in the UK? Any sympathy for them. 

16 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I have absolutely no sympathy for the British electorate, they voted for brexit, they elected the Tory austerity and Tory brexit era governments in three general elections, as far as I’m concerned they can all go take a fcuk to themselves. Instead of being energised to try and fix Britain i’d rather leave it as part of an indy scotland and let the crayon eating knuckle draggers brexit themselves into an austerity hardon driven little england recessionfest.

You do realise that only about 27% voters voted Tory?

Why is someone in England who didn't vote Tory more culpable than you?

1 hour ago, jimmer said:

LABOUR ! WTF is that all about. Giving their speeches about what they're going to do once they get rid of the big bad Tory boys and how they will make the rich pay and support the hard pressed  "working class" families in their struggles to survive in this great United Kingdom. What a bunch of self seeking career minded politicos they all are. What happened to the last time the gullible voted for them ?  Their esteemed leader T.Blair turned out to be a war criminal but being part of the UK establishment is now a multi millionaire.  Were they not intending to abolish the House of Lords where an assortment of sleeping retards get £300 a day for a quick snooze in Westminster ? Their failures and broken promises are legion yet even on this thread we get the same acceptance of these people as some ray of hope to lead us out of the chaos into which this corrupt sham of Labour/Tory administrations has led us.

Working class in quotation marks is peak P&B!

You do realise that only about 27% voters voted Tory?
Why is someone in England who didn't vote Tory more culpable than you?

Well Scotland for example voted quite significantly in favour of a centre left anti austerity government, England, Wales and NI voted to put a tory brexit austerity max dinosaur denying government in place the last three GE’s and voted overwhelmingly for brexit despite it being anything but in their best interest. So yes, given that in the last 4 democratic processes the folks in the rest of the UK chose for some reason to trust the old eton tories, nigel despite everyone else saying ‘this isnt good for you’, I’d say thats a clear indication the electorate in these places don’t want to be ‘saved’.

17 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Well Scotland for example voted quite significantly in favour of a centre left anti austerity government, England, Wales and NI voted to put a tory brexit austerity max dinosaur denying government in place the last three GE’s and voted overwhelmingly for brexit despite it being anything but in their best interest. So yes, given that in the last 4 democratic processes the folks in the rest of the UK chose for some reason to trust the old eton tories, nigel despite everyone else saying ‘this isnt good for you’, I’d say thats a clear indication the electorate in these places don’t want to be ‘saved’.

NI didn't vote for Brexit, overwhelmingly or otherwise.

20 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Don't tar us all with the same brush, please. 

Get your facts right mate.

18 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

On that basis you will have no sympathy for the Scottish electorate because they voted NO rather than YES?