General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

8 minutes ago, Joey Jo Jo Junior Shabadoo said:

Must be a fake. It reads like it has been written by a 10 year old. 'Insight tensions' :lol:.

It's absolutely laughable, though perhaps not surprising, that someone as thick as Robinson and his window licking followers have been suckered in by it.

ETA: They sent it to Luton Airport did they? :lol: Any time I fly I always ask at London City if they have any mail waiting for me.

Edited by RiG

Main charges being brought against him by plantation Quay are that he is an snp msp. Shades of Ian Murray snp smear during the 2015 GE.

Thought MacDonald had held his hands up to "inappropriate behaviour" ? Smearing himself seems rather dumb even for a political non entity.

Dreadful response from Corbyn to May's statement on the Salisbury incident, having a go at the Tories for accepting contributions from Russian emigres. His racism is slipping out again. Some frightening analogies with 1930's appeasement and random warlike suggestions from all sides.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Dreadful response from Corbyn to May's statement on the Salisbury incident, having a go at the Tories for accepting contributions from Russian emigres. His racism is slipping out again. Some frightening analogies with 1930's appeasement and random warlike suggestions from all sides.

And yet you mocked me for saying the UK today is very 1930s Germany.

Just now, Peppino Impastato said:

And yet you mocked me for saying the UK today is very 1930s Germany.

I think they were referring to Russia. As in we shouldn't appease them as we did Germany.

Where did they get nerve agent 5 miles from where they make it? Why use a technique associated with Russia instead of a simple car crash or fire or Kelly/ McCrae style suicide. It's a smear by our glorious leaders to deflect from some other shite they are obviously up to. I rest my case m' lud.

7 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Where did they get nerve agent 5 miles from where they make it? Why use a technique associated with Russia instead of a simple car crash or fire or Kelly/ McCrae style suicide. It's a smear by our glorious leaders to deflect from some other shite they are obviously up to. I rest my case m' lud.

You could equally suggest that the Russians chose to knock off this particular target with such a blatant method to muddy the waters and encourage conspiracy theories, with Porton Down being just down the road. I don't see what difference it would make if it was 400 miles away.

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I think they were referring to Russia. As in we shouldn't appease them as we did Germany.

Yeah but random warlike suggestions.  The scapegoating of foreigners and sabre rattling is very reminiscent of the fatherland.  As well as deification of the royals, drift to extremism etc.

15 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Also what is the value to Russia of killing this guy thus violating our sovereignty in a way which would give away it was them years after they released him in a trade.

There was a great interview on RT stating all this today.  It's very suspicious.

You could equally suggest that the Russians chose to knock off this particular target with such a blatant method to muddy the waters and encourage conspiracy theories, with Porton Down being just down the road. I don't see what difference it would make if it was 400 miles away.

Yes you could put forward these theories, but to my mind the blame Russia thing was too quick and too easy. Not slagging you, but you seem very tolerant and forgiving of the the bbc and the duplicitous shits in Westminster

2 minutes ago, bob the tank said:

Yes you could put forward these theories, but to my mind the blame Russia thing was too quick and too easy. Not slagging you, but you seem very tolerant and forgiving of the the bbc and the duplicitous shits in Westminster

Why would MI5 knock off someone with a nerve agent 5 miles from Porton Down if they wanted to blame the Russians? And what would they gain? Making Putin more popular at home for killing a traitor with an election coming up? 

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Why would MI5 knock off someone with a nerve agent 5 miles from Porton Down if they wanted to blame the Russians? And what would they gain? Making Putin more popular at home for killing a traitor with an election coming up? 

Why?  Cause he's accessible, who else are they going to knock off?  You wouldn't choose someone in Russia that's much more difficult.

What they gain is the British government have clearly been building a case for war with Russia for at least five years.  This adds to that.

6 minutes ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Yet you'll believe every word the British RT tells you.

And actually it was a Scottish academic they were interviewing.

You've just made a massive assumption - you know absolutely nothing about me or what media I access.

What is widely known and accepted is RT is a propaganda tool of the Russian State. I couldn't give a tinker's cuss if they were interviewing Skippy the Bush Kangaroo, they produce disinformation swallowed by fellow travellers, conspiracy theorists  or the just plain gullible. Which are you?

Edit - I just saw your post "the British government have clearly been building a case for war with Russia for at least five years". Conspiracy theorist it is then. 

Edited by NewBornBairn

1 minute ago, NewBornBairn said:

You've just made a massive assumption - you know absolutely nothing about me or what media I access.

What is widely known and accepted is RT is a propaganda tool of the Russian State. I couldn't give a tinker's cuss if they were interviewing Skippy the Bush Kangaroo, they produce disinformation swallowed by fellow travellers, conspiracy theorists  or the just plain gullible. Which are you?

Edit - I just saw your post "the British government have clearly been building a case for war with Russia for at least five years". Conspiracy theorist it is then. 

It's also widely known and accepted the BBC is a propaganda tool of the British state.  Except by the gullible like you.

1 minute ago, Peppino Impastato said:

Why?  Cause he's accessible, who else are they going to knock off?  You wouldn't choose someone in Russia that's much more difficult.

What they gain is the British government have clearly been building a case for war with Russia for at least five years.  This adds to that.

You do know Russia have about a thousand* times as many nukes as us? Do you really think anyone in Britain wants a war with Russia?

*a lot more anyway.

Wee message from Russia.

Kleymenov, the presenter for Channel One’s Vremya news programme, delivered a stark message on Wednesday to anyone caught spying for the UK. “I sympathise with any suffering and certainly do not rejoice in it; what’s more, I don’t wish death on anyone,” he said.

“But purely for educational purposes, for those who dream about such a career, I’d like to issue a caution. The profession of traitor is a lot more dangerous than that of a drug courier. It’s very rare that those who choose it live out their days in peace and serenity. Alcoholism and drug addiction, stress, grave nervous disorders and depression are the inevitable professional illnesses of the traitor. And as a consequence, heart attacks, strokes, car accidents and suicide, after all.”

In language that seemed designed to sound like a threat, Kleymenov, 45, added that it was especially unwise to flee to London. “Whatever the reasons, whether you’re a professional traitor to the motherland or you just hate your country in your free time, I repeat, no matter, don’t go to England,” he said. “Something is not right there. Maybe the climate. But in recent years there have been too many strange incidents with a harsh outcome. People get hanged, poisoned, they die in helicopter crashes and fall out of windows in industrial quantities.”

It is thought that Mr Kleymenov was referring to the deaths of Russian oligarchs who had sought sanctuary in England and their British friends. Boris Berezovsky was found hanged at his home in March 2013 and Alexander Litvinenko, a former officer of the FSB secret service, was killed with polonium-210 in November 2006.

Stephen Curtis, a tax lawyer who was an associate of the exiled Russian billionaire Mikhail Khodorkovsky, died when his plane crashed in mysterious circumstances in 2004 and Scot Young, an associate of Mr Curtis, fell to his death from his London penthouse in 2014. Johnny Elichaoff, another associate of the two men, died after falling from the roof of Whiteleys shopping centre in west London in 2014.

Yury Filatov, the Russian ambassador to Ireland, said the Skripal case showed that Britain could not protect people harboured in its lands, but added there was no evidence of Russian involvement. He told the BBC: “My own conclusion would be that for some reason the British territories are very dangerous for certain types of people.”