General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

I'm really not sure what the scoop here is, other than showing Scotland in Union up as being a bunch of blundering incompetents. Letter writing campaigns are nothing new - I'm not really sure why they felt like they had to keep their organised efforts secret - and surely nobody is surprised that they are being funded by a elite club of aristos.
However, the heeds gone that it has provoked has been most amusing, so well done WOS for providing us with a good laugh.

Vested interests in keeping the status quo by the elite, but portrayed as a grass roots organisation perhaps?

15 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

How observant, good point.  

I have the Lion Rampant as my avatar because I want to, I like it.  If I recall correctly, but I am often wrong, it is illegal to fly the Lion Rampant or Royal Standard without permission from the monarch.  Tough shit if it is, I am Scottish and will fly the flag if I want to. 

Hmm, maybe I should be knighted for being a rebellious c**t?

Or perhaps you'll be crushed by Marshall Wade, with God's almighty aid, for being a rebellious Scot

10 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

I am on a meltdown with this shit.  Who the f**k decided that he should be knighted??  What has he done to be "worthy" of this "honour?"  What is the criteria for attaining this honour?  Lies??

The whole system is a joke, knighthoods dished out as if they were chips in some fat birds dream.  Seems that you would be more "honourable" if you were not made a knight.  

Next thing we know this c**t will be in the house of the old codgers. 

Jo Swinson getting a CBE is probably even worse. Well done voters of Bearsden...

How observant, good point.  
I have the Lion Rampant as my avatar because I want to, I like it.  If I recall correctly, but I am often wrong, it is illegal to fly the Lion Rampant or Royal Standard without permission from the monarch.  Tough shit if it is, I am Scottish and will fly the flag if I want to. 
Hmm, maybe I should be knighted for being a rebellious c**t?

A brave stance, sir.

Jo Swinson getting a CBE is probably even worse. Well done voters of Bearsden...

Some stretch awarding her a CBE!! but at least she regained her seat from the truly awful, hopeless & useless John Nicolson. It didn’t take long for the good people of East Dunbartonshire to see right through him.

b25deeec-f0a3-11e7-ac08-07c3086a2625?source=next&fit=scale-down&width=700

As much as I agree with your political leanings I really don't accept there should be another referendum. The UK voted to leave the EU... regardless of daft promises (happens every election) it was obvious that this means leaving Single Market(labour and goods), Customs Union and EU Legislation. If this doesn't happen then democracy has lost.

11 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

As much as I agree with your political leanings I really don't accept there should be another referendum. The UK voted to leave the EU... regardless of daft promises (happens every election) it was obvious that this means leaving Single Market(labour and goods), Customs Union and EU Legislation. If this doesn't happen then democracy has lost.

We were told explicitly that it didn't mean we were leaving  the single market and the customs union, we were told that it would be simple, told lies regarding immigration, cost, borders, benefits and the ease with which we would be able to trade with the rest of the world. We're being wrenched out of the EU on the basis of an advisory referendum that has no force in law and that we didn't vote for.  I don't know how supine you have to be to accept that.

18 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

We were told explicitly that it didn't mean we were leaving  the single market and the customs union, we were told that it would be simple, told lies regarding immigration, cost, borders, benefits and the ease with which we would be able to trade with the rest of the world. We're being wrenched out of the EU on the basis of an advisory referendum that has no force in law and that we didn't vote for.  I don't know how supine you have to be to accept that.

51 minutes ago, Blue-Toon said:

So both sides told lies. No need for another referendum.

If David Cameron said that we'd have to leave the single market then clearly he was the one telling the truth, it was Leave that was lying.  In any case, saying we don't need another referendum because we were told a  complete pack of lies is obvious nonsense in the first place, anyway.

30 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

If David Cameron said that we'd have to leave the single market then clearly he was the one telling the truth, it was Leave that was lying.  In any case, saying we don't need another referendum because we were told a  complete pack of lies is obvious nonsense in the first place, anyway.