General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

6 minutes ago, Randy Giles said:

emoji38.png

So you defending them putting homophobes in was just you being a bigot rather than being pro SNP?

That could genuinely be the case going off his white-knighting for transphobes in the past.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

I see you still haven't any comprehension on what a bigot actually is.

To be fair, you have something of a point. I've never understood why DomDom/RandyGiles screams "homophobe!" more times than a Guardian columnist, yet still spends an inordinate amount of time (largely when supposedly at work) arselicking from dawn to dusk those who abruptly turned against him a few years back.

It was one of those WTF moments on here - one second part of what Zen Archer (albeit tongue-in-cheek) referred to as the "groovy gang", the next everything he posted became automatically "shit", & that was before he made an arse of himself with his tear stained resignation over his two troll heroes getting banned - it came earlier the split second he let his typing fingers run away with him after one shandy too many & outed himself (some comment about lusting after Charles Dance as I remember in the GoT threads).

I've no time for the obsequious little shit, but a lot of P&B's virtue signallers are outright hypocrites.

8 hours ago, WaffenThinMint said:

To be fair, you have something of a point. I've never understood why DomDom/RandyGiles screams "homophobe!" more times than a Guardian columnist, yet still spends an inordinate amount of time (largely when supposedly at work) arselicking from dawn to dusk those who abruptly turned against him a few years back.

It was one of those WTF moments on here - one second part of what Zen Archer (albeit tongue-in-cheek) referred to as the "groovy gang", the next everything he posted became automatically "shit", & that was before he made an arse of himself with his tear stained resignation over his two troll heroes getting banned - it came earlier the split second he let his typing fingers run away with him after one shandy too many & outed himself (some comment about lusting after Charles Dance as I remember in the GoT threads).

I've no time for the obsequious little shit, but a lot of P&B's virtue signallers are outright hypocrites.

It amazes me that posters can remember what other posters posted years ago, let alone get wound up by it.

Im not just talking about this post but you see it happening on occasion on GN.

I can barely remember what I posted last week, I certainly couldn't get excited about another poster posting something under a different name in the distant past.

I will never get the hang of this obviously.

3 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

It amazes me that posters can remember what other posters posted years ago, let alone get wound up by it.

Im not just talking about this post but you see it happening on occasion on GN.

I can barely remember what I posted last week, I certainly couldn't get excited about another poster posting something under a different name in the distant past.

I will never get the hang of this obviously.

You're quite old though tbf.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39565700?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

The G7 group of nations has failed to reach agreement over threatening new sanctions against Russia and Syria.

Foreign ministers were seeking a common position on the Syrian conflict, before the US secretary of state flies to Russia to try to persuade it to abandon its Syrian ally.

The nations agreed there was no solution to the Syria crisis with President Assad in power.

But UK proposals to target sanctions at senior military leaders were sidelined.

The UK[emoji90]

9 minutes ago, mjw said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-39565700?ocid=socialflow_facebook&ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbcnews&ns_source=facebook

The G7 group of nations has failed to reach agreement over threatening new sanctions against Russia and Syria.

Foreign ministers were seeking a common position on the Syrian conflict, before the US secretary of state flies to Russia to try to persuade it to abandon its Syrian ally.

The nations agreed there was no solution to the Syria crisis with President Assad in power.

But UK proposals to target sanctions at senior military leaders were sidelined.

The UKemoji90.png

I sincerely hope that Boris reminded the G7 that we've got Trident as plan B.

2 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

C9Hyva4XgAAJE7k.jpg

I haven't seen the Twitter thread, but I'd bet my next 10 years wages that Findlay didn't reply.
It's the Scottish Labour way on Twitter to talk shite and not bother responding.  The online version of "chap door, run away".

13 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Shared by Ned Snr ffs:

FB_IMG_1491932931008.jpg

Terrible stuff that. It's an old American joke used to describe Bush, Obama etc. You can see they've left rancher in there instead of changing it to farmer and dumb arse changed from dumb ass.