General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Except I've pointed out once you start putting stringent checks on benefits to weed out suspected scroungers you end up catching genuinely vulnerable people in the crossfire. This is what's been happening for the past 7 years of Tory government.

Also blaming the Tory's ideological dismantling of the welfare state on benefit scroungers is heavy dull.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

And if the number of people "working the system" is removing resource from the most vulnerable? 

Tax breaks for the rich are removing resource from the most vulnerable, corporation tax cuts are removing resource from the most vulnerable.  Benefit fraud is infinitesimally small beer compared to tax avoidance and evasion.  Get your priorities straight.

2 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Except I've pointed out once you start putting stringent checks on benefits to weed out suspected scroungers you end up catching genuinely vulnerable people in the crossfire. This is what's been happening for the past 7 years of Tory government.

Also blaming the Tory's ideological dismantling of the welfare state on benefit scroungers is heavy dull.

So your solution is to have no checks and no attempts to curb people that "sponge"! 

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

Tax breaks for the rich are removing resource from the most vulnerable, corporation tax cuts are removing resource from the most vulnerable.  Benefit fraud is infinitesimally small beer compared to tax avoidance and evasion.  Get your priorities straight.

Since you have been the recipient of tax cuts via increase personal allowance, can I assume that you have voluntarily donated all increases to the DWP to distribute to more needy recipient?  You do realise that everyone that contributes to a pension, ISA etc. is avoiding tax?  Although as long as you can throw the generic "tax avoiders and evaders" term about then your can post with a clear conscience and ignore the fact that you are personally one of these tax avoiders?

So your solution is to have no checks and no attempts to curb people that "sponge"! 

An easy way that they could check if someone is genuinely ill or not is to contact the persons GP or doctor. Another way could be to request the persons medical records.

Instead of the current situation where you often have to pay your own GP to write a letter to the DWP, only for an ATOS nurse to dimiss your doctor, neurologist, physiatrist or whatever other medical documents you have in favour or their own blatant lies and misrepresentation of your personal circumstances. The current system is an ideological attack on the most vulnerable in society, nothing more and nothing less.

Disabled people don't and won't mind being assessed fairly, under this Tory government it is anything but fair.

3 hours ago, strichener said:

Since you have been the recipient of tax cuts via increase personal allowance, can I assume that you have voluntarily donated all increases to the DWP to distribute to more needy recipient?  You do realise that everyone that contributes to a pension, ISA etc. is avoiding tax?  Although as long as you can throw the generic "tax avoiders and evaders" term about then your can post with a clear conscience and ignore the fact that you are personally one of these tax avoiders?

Since you don't have the first clue about what you're talking about and I'm ex-HMRC I can safely ignore this utter pish.

9 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Hurricane Energy triples oil estimate for North Sea field - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-39529555

More fucking oil. Can't afford this shit

We're doomed. Might as well have discovered a new outbreak of bubonic plague drifting out of Caithness.

13 hours ago, t1t3h said:

An easy way that they could check if someone is genuinely ill or not is to contact the persons GP or doctor. Another way could be to request the persons medical records.

Instead of the current situation where you often have to pay your own GP to write a letter to the DWP, only for an ATOS nurse to dimiss your doctor, neurologist, physiatrist or whatever other medical documents you have in favour or their own blatant lies and misrepresentation of your personal circumstances. The current system is an ideological attack on the most vulnerable in society, nothing more and nothing less.

Disabled people don't and won't mind being assessed fairly, under this Tory government it is anything but fair.

Fucking bang on mate.

I don't think there's a disabled person in the land that would object to having to provide a letter from their GP.

I know of disabled people who have been made to feel guilty, nervous, ashamed and depressed through the then DWP and now PIP assessment process.

A mate's mum who eventually won a tribunal got so bad with worry, she developed anxiety every time the postman arrived, couldn't sleep at night and had to be treated for depression.  All because of how this Government treats actual disabled people.

It's a fucking disgrace.

11 hours ago, DublinMagyar said:

I saw this on the BBC and thought you should see it:

Hurricane Energy triples oil estimate for North Sea field - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-39529555

More fucking oil. Can't afford this shit

Still be like Greece etc etc

17 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Revealed: UK Government let British company export nerve gas chemicals to Syria

From 2013 Independent

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/revealed-uk-government-let-british-company-export-nerve-gas-chemicals-to-syria-8793642.html

How about that, the UK is the mother of a war crime. Well, another one, anyway.

To be fair, Sodium Fluoride tends to get used a lot for the fluoridisation of water supplies and as a rat poison. Potassium Flouride is a bit harder to justify though.

Fucking bang on mate.
I don't think there's a disabled person in the land that would object to having to provide a letter from their GP.
I know of disabled people who have been made to feel guilty, nervous, ashamed and depressed through the then DWP and now PIP assessment process.
A mate's mum who eventually won a tribunal got so bad with worry, she developed anxiety every time the postman arrived, couldn't sleep at night and had to be treated for depression.  All because of how this Government treats actual disabled people.
It's a fucking disgrace.

Oh christ don't let oaksoft know they got depression he'll be demanding they lose their PIP payments for something as trivial as that.