General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

2 hours ago, Ad Lib said:

Sometimes the only thing left to do is to cut your losses and move-on.

As I've f**k all chance of that cushy Holyrood list seat I thought was a given as a Weegie Lib Dem, I have intimated my resignation from the Scottish Liberal Democrats under  thin veneer of principle. I am now off to get drunk on supermarket own blend whisky & scream about cockroaches.

Open to nomination for any P&B party if there is any politician you'd like me to stand behind sniggering before shitting it when they turn around & catch me as they are politically decapitated in an election near you. Have already asked Labour but Kezia's said "f**k off, even we've still got some standards!"

FTFY

Top of Mr Cowie's Christmas list this year:-

93d671049eaeb084a1633c07597e2556.jpg

Sometimes the only honourable thing left to do is to cut your losses and move-on.

As a direct result of the way Parliamentarians mischaracterised the Liberal Scotland in Europe motion, I have intimated my resignation from the Scottish Liberal Democrats.

Open to nomination for any P&B party if there is any politician you'd like me to stand behind as they are politically decapitated in an election near you.

Surely no one would be surprised at this? You've always been a Tory at heart.

6 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Flouncing off after your cryptic word salad of a motion is binned.

Truly the Robin Cook of our times. 

I think he just didn't realise that you need to take incremental steps rather than big leaps in policy.

10 hours ago, ayrmad said:

I think he just didn't realise that you need to take incremental steps rather than big leaps in policy.

That Alex Cole-Hamilton thinks speaking to the Scottish Government without preconditions and bringing proposals for our response to the terms of Brexit to the members for conference to vote on is a "big leap" rather than "incremental steps" is partly why I left.

Just now, Ad Lib said:

That Alex Cole-Hamilton thinks speaking to the Scottish Government without preconditions and bringing proposals for our response to the terms of Brexit to the members for conference to vote on is a "big leap" rather than "incremental steps" is partly why I left.

Hmm, how large a part did you helping gift the Tories and MSM a tap in have to play in your decision.

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

Hmm, how large a part did you helping gift the Tories and MSM a tap in have to play in your decision.

That will be the tap-in that resulted directly from central office *briefing* the press that the motion was a pro-independence motion when it wasn't? Cool story bro.

47 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Corbyn literally dancing on the graves of dead war heroes. Disgraceful tbf.

I don't know why anyone expects the Daily Mail to print anything close to the truth.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/no-jeremy-corbyn-wasnt-dancing-9252300

"No, Jeremy Corbyn wasn't dancing a jig on his way to the Cenotaph"

3 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

That will be the tap-in that resulted directly from central office *briefing* the press that the motion was a pro-independence motion when it wasn't? Cool story bro.

Probably because you failed to word it properly, nae luck, AdLie will sound ok after you've had a wee word with Kez.

2 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

Probably because you failed to word it properly, nae luck, AdLie will sound ok after you've had a wee word with Kez.

Nope. It was deliberately worded to rule-out any suggestion that they might have to break their Scotland in Union pledge.

Barefaced lies were told by Parliamentarians on Saturday and it did them no credit whatsoever. A former MEP of ours would not have signed and moved this motion if it would have compromised the position of the Parliamentary party.

1 minute ago, Ad Lib said:

Nope. It was deliberately worded to rule-out any suggestion that they might have to break their Scotland in Union pledge.

Barefaced lies were told by Parliamentarians on Saturday and it did them no credit whatsoever. A former MEP of ours would not have signed and moved this motion if it would have compromised the position of the Parliamentary party.

I feel your pain, you've had a hellish few months, 1st the mouthpiece outwits our establishment then the hairpiece outwits the US establishment then you're asked to take a big TELT from the ring piece for appearing to soften his parties position, it's no wonder you took your wet snottery ball home with you.