General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Just now, Mortar Bored said:

Are you really trying to transpose this debate in this direction?

You took it into that direction. Saying we should respect differing views. So surely that should apply to all then? Or should we only respect the views of people that you think we should respect?

Yes a politician should be defined by their politics, of fucking course he should, the man is a scum bag, just like his party he represents everything wrong with society. Why should SNP MP's engage with the politics of Westminster when they are the antithesis of it?????

Ah ok, I understand you now, the affiliation to certain associations or professions is an ability to say "just doing my job" - " I'm one of the good guys" only applies to you?
Plenty of policemen are absolute wanks, but I never disrespect a policeman. So where do YOU draw the line?

Anyway Roothie got on the privvy council today,so thats a casher for the rest of the queens life (think they dissolve on the death of the sponger and then a new one is formed for next up)

Absolutely :lol: at the subservient losers who think we should be applauding a man who has gleefully enacted welfare reforms that have made poor and disabled people's lives a misery, and in a handful of cases, indirectly ended them.

What a bunch of fucking doormats.

No. You've decided I was wrong. I never once said that to you. I just said you were a c**t. That's not arrogant. Just a trait for people who are.

I'd really like to hear your argument for the SNP acting like children, and how that increases the chances of us having a mature independent nation?
The more I'm involved in this forum, the more I believe that guys like Invergowrie Arab should have more say in the SNP, he's not a Braveheart weed smoker, he's pragmatic.

They didn't act like children. They have not once respected the Tories in the House of Commons and see no reason why they should start now. David Cameron's legacy there has been the same as every other Tory government, or even Labour government these days. To give absolutely no fucks about this country.

There's surely a time and a place to recognize that David Cameron is a "nice guy", but that place isn't the very room where the Tories have shafted people left right and centre for decades, Cameron included.

20 minutes ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Yes a politician should be defined by their politics, of fucking course he should, the man is a scum bag, just like his party he represents everything wrong with society. Why should SNP MP's engage with the politics of Westminster when they are the antithesis of it?????

But they are Westminster politicians for the time being. It's not about engaging in politics but merely showing that they are mature polite human beings. What sort of example do they set by behaving like that?

2 minutes ago, orlandoblue said:

But they are Westminster politicians for the time being. It's not about engaging in politics but merely showing that they are mature polite human beings. What sort of example do they set by behaving like that?

They set the example that they don't find that Cameron hasn't left a good legacy in that room at all, and has infact shafted large numbers of the constituents that those elected MPs are there to represent. That's not worthy of applause, and they actually were polite by not jeering the c**t.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

She just parked her tank on the labour party's lawn.

That was a strangely left wing speech for a new Tory pm.

Unlike Labour, the Tories are seeing a party in disarray and deciding to take advantage of it.

1 minute ago, kilbowie2002 said:

Why should they be polite to the people who have utterly fucked this country up? Why should they play that game especially given that their constituents have been utterly shafted by this man?

Because whether they've fucked the country up or not is a matter of opinion. That's how debate works and the SNP are doing a damn good job of convincing the people of Scotland that this is the case. That does not mean they need to portray themselves as angry little children.