General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

1 hour ago, Granny Danger said:

Human courtesy my arse.  I'm sure a subservient twat like you would have applauded, I'm glad our elected representatives had more principles.

:thumsup2

44 minutes ago, orlandoblue said:

It is courtesy, which is important in all aspects of life. The location today was the seat of the democracy that everyone holds dear and the place that provides the SNP the platform to oppose everything the tories say and do. They should have known better as mature adults to behave accordingly. There's a time and place for everything but it's hard to get folks like you to understand or appreciate that. 

Do you really believe that f**king sh*te.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

f**k clapping the c**t. I would have booed and jeered until my throat was hoarse.

20 minutes ago, Wee Willie said:

Do you really believe that f**king sh*te.

The House of Commons is a sham of democracy with an inordinate number braying idiots and a setup that's better suited to the 1700s. I am embarrassed at the thought of people outisde the UK seeing the hooting, mumbling, jeering atmosphere of that place in action.

33 minutes ago, Sooky said:

To be fair, I'm sure being Prime Minister is a tremendously difficult job. Regardless of disagreements in policies, I think applauding a PM's departure is a nice mark of respect. Cameron clearly tried his best, even if others think his policies were wrong.

He did the Conservative thing and tried his best for himself and himself alone. Now he's off to a life of high luxury, which will be nowhere near austerity damaged Britain.

1 minute ago, Mortar Bored said:

Maybe I'm just more polite than everyone else on P&B.
Even Corbyn, on arguably the most polar opposite of Cameron politically, had the decency to pay tribute to his ( tbf, limited successes in government). I just think it makes the SNP look childish.

Do you honestly think Corbyn genuinely felt what he was saying? It's all a load of pre scripted bollocks. I'm quite happy for the SNP to keep as far out of it as they possibly can.

1 minute ago, Cream Cheese said:

Do you honestly think Corbyn genuinely felt what he was saying? It's all a load of pre scripted bollocks. I'm quite happy for the SNP to keep as far out of it as they possibly can.

The point being he was able to rise above their political differences and act like a decent human being, not the I don't like you so I'll ignore you caper that the SNP went for. Where would we be if everyone in life acted like that ?

1 minute ago, orlandoblue said:

The point being he was able to rise above their political differences and act like a decent human being, not the I don't like you so I'll ignore you caper that the SNP went for. Where would we be if everyone in life acted like that ?

I would have preferred if Angus robbo had said heres a message from scotland "away n bile yer heid"

f**k the pig shagging posh w**k

1 minute ago, orlandoblue said:

If we stopped kidding on we had respect for the tories, we'd probably be far better off tbh.

2 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

I would have preferred if Angus robbo had said heres a message from scotland "away n bile yer heid"

f**k the pig shagging posh w**k

Define posh, and why you see that as an insult?

Edited by orlandoblue

If we stopped kidding on we had respect for the tories, we'd probably be far better off tbh.

I just think that is wrong, respect for views outwith our own viewpoint should be admired as a truly great thing. Recognise those views, then convince otherwise.

2 minutes ago, Mortar Bored said:

Really, do you really think that?

Yes. 

3 minutes ago, Mortar Bored said:

Is a person defined by their politics? Or, by their actions on a personal level?

"Their" politics and "their" personal actions are the same thing. David Cameron was a dick of a PM and most likely a dick of a person as well.

1 minute ago, Mortar Bored said:

I just think that is wrong, respect for views outwith our own viewpoint should be admired as a truly great thing. Recognise those views, then convince otherwise.

Smashing idea. Lets respect the views of murderers and rapists while we're at it. Then one day we may convince them that what they're doing is wrong.