General Politics Thread

Granny Danger

Mary Scanlon I see is asking questions in parliament about the quality of coffee she gets in the committees.

Some folk talk about Scotland's place in the world, others bitch about their morning cup....

She raised a concern with the Parliamentary Corporate Body, whose job is to deal with the running of the Parliament, including its basic catering and room functions. It's not like she went into First Minister's Questions and asked Nicola Sturgeon when they can expect organic Bolivian coffee beans.

Out of curiosity why didn't you think to mention Mike MacKenzie MSP making similar remarks? Is it because he's a Nat?

She raised a concern with the Parliamentary Corporate Body, whose job is to deal with the running of the Parliament, including its basic catering and room functions. It's not like she went into First Minister's Questions and asked Nicola Sturgeon when they can expect organic Bolivian coffee beans.

Out of curiosity why didn't you think to mention Mike MacKenzie MSP making similar remarks? Is it because he's a Nat?

Are you shifting your definition of "Nat" to now mean "SNP member", or do you consider MacKenzie to be a particularly rabid and aggressive independence supporter, which appeared to be what you claimed you identitied as a "Nat" some weeks ago?

Are you shifting your definition of "Nat" to now mean "SNP member", or do you consider MacKenzie to be a particularly rabid and aggressive independence supporter, which appeared to be what you claimed you identitied as a "Nat" some weeks ago?

No, I just think MacKenzie is a Nat.

Probably because it was Scanlon's question, backed by McKenzie.

Both need to get a grip, imo.

So when he says 'some folk talk about Scotland's place in the world , others moan about their morning cup' he's criticising SNP MSPs too?

How convenient that he just omitted to mention them, and instead only named Scanlon.

Perhaps he can pop back and have a right go at McKenzie s priorities too..

Edited by ScotSquid

So with the recent boundary review cutting 50 seats, with Scotland going from 59 to 53, does anyone have any idea which Scottish MPs may not even have a seat to defend in 2020?

Wales seem to be taking a bit of a kicking, they are set to lose 11 of their 40 seats.

Glasgow Central is going along with another one in the West outside Glasgow.

The seats are going by regional area.

I will be honest, I only was aware of Scanlon.

Fair enough...

Your initial point was correct though. You'd think these Labour and SNP arseholes would have more important things to concern themselves with than coffee.

What we can expect it seems from their elected representatives.

You are a BritNat

Are you no the kettle calling the pot....

I'm not a BritNat. Sorry to disappoint you.

Fair enough...

Your initial point was correct though. You'd think these Labour and SNP arseholes would have more important things to concern themselves with than coffee.

What we can expect it seems from their elected representatives.

Scanlon's a Tory.