Heart of Midlothian - 2016/17 European Tour

Elixir

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Looked much sharper for the first hour then the legs started to go again but hopefully that stands us in good stead for Malta next week.  A bonus is that Birkikara haven't started their season so should be in a similar boat fitness wise to us.

Whether the legs were starting to go or not...

It's hard to criticise players for taking their foot of the gas at 4 Goals clear (with away goals in our favour).

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Whether the legs were starting to go or not...

It's hard to criticise players for taking their foot of the gas at 4 Goals clear (with away goals in our favour).

Totally agree.  I was happy with us yesterday, only downside is how sloppy the goals we conceded were, but it was a job well done.

On ‎02‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 10:31 AM, BucksburnDandy said:

Read a lot of negative stuff about Hearts' performance the other night. While it is not the ideal scoreline, one goal next week puts Hearts in firm command.

First game of the season against a team halfway through their season and a win on the board. Not a bad night's work.

In the first qualifying round, the main thing is to win. The performances will build from here. There will be an improved sharpness next week about Hearts then there will be a noticeable difference in the next round.

Turns out that once every so often, I speak sense.

Well played last night Jambos, good result, sounded a very improved performance and comfortably through with a few goals on the board.

And another 90 minutes in the bag.

Just now, Dipped Flake said:

Premier Sports channel

Cheers.

Should really be winning this but given the expected heat and how well Birkirkara did last season against West Ham, I'd take a score draw heading back to Tynecastle.

Archived