Happy Valley

rhliston

Surprised there isn't a bigger thread about this. I think it's been one of the best things on British TV in the last 10 years, and I've been waiting impatiently for 18 months for the second series.

I was a bit worried the second series would flop but although it's taking a slightly different twist, I think it will be just as good.

Can't wait til the next episode now.

Well the body count just keeps going up, that blackmailer of a bitch gets her just desserts. Poor c**t of a cop.who killed her was trying to be smart but it kind of backfired on him in the end. It all keeps the pot ticking over.

Edited by rhliston

Just watching second episode on catch up now.

The only slight annoyance is the sound quality. It's like some characters are mumbling at times.

This seems to be a common complaint about BBC programs just now.

Well the body count just keeps going up, that blackmailer of a bitch gets her just desserts. Poor c**t of a cop.who killed her was trying to be smart but it kind of backfired on him in the end. It all keeps the pot ticking over.

aye;see are all lassies mentalists thread in GN!suspect there might be post mortem mutilation getting done,probably with a broken bottle,as he desperately tries to hide his tracks

of course,the guy her sisters started seeing will also be in thev frame as the dead pschohosebeast was clearly a pro blackmailer and will be the one that fucked him over years ago

That Janice frae Benidorm is so needing it!

such an attractive drunk!

now wee Shirley Henderson-does it for me in a big way :wub: though she does seem to have a line in playing nutters

Edited by highlandcowden

Well the body count just keeps going up, that blackmailer of a bitch gets her just desserts.

Just deserts. She wasn't handed a plate of apple crumble and custard.

now wee Shirley Henderson-does it for me in a big way :wub: though she does seem to have a line in playing nutters

Shirley is an excellent actress and does 'creepy' brilliantly.

I missed the first series, watched the first 2 episodes of this series last night and really enjoyed it. The 'catch up' on iPlayer is worth a look too.

Another body to add to the account last night, apparent suicide in the park? Police Detective thought he was being clever in trying to link his murder of his blackmailing mistress to the serial killer on the loose has had has plans scuppered by the rookie WPC who pointed the murder team to the identity of her.

All in all things ticking over nicely in Happy Valley, surprised by the detectives wives bit on the side though ! adds another twist to the tale.

Edited by rhliston

• 3 weeks later...

So Episode 5 there just now. That mumbling really is pissing me off. I'm assuming that boy confessed to the murders, hence the ending, but I couldn't hear a ficking thing. Mumble mumble mumble. Didn't help that the wife was rustling away opening her various Internet purchases at the same time.

Was that the last episode? I missed the first half hour. Caught the rest and it wrapped things up nicely, while ending with the police lady thinking about her own situation after hearing from the mother of the serial killer.