Possible Fife groundhop, Sat 19 March

I'm in Scotland on 19/20 March and was planning to see Raith v Hibs, which I see has been moved to 5:15pm for Sky.

Thinking about trying to squeeze in some of Cowdenbeath v Dunfermline at 3pm, any ideas on the best way to get from there to Stark's Park (i.e. is there a direct bus to the Linktown area)? The 4:30pm train from Cowden is cutting it a bit fine given the 15ish mins walk from KDY station to SP.

Buses from Cowden to Kirkcaldy are stagecoach number 18 and 33. The 18 has the more direct and quickest route and should pass near Starks Park although you would have to look up their website to get the times. You would get one on the High Street opposite the entrance to Central Park.

Train maybe your best bet although as you say you would be cutting it fine to get into Starks for kick off.

I'm in Scotland on 19/20 March and was planning to see Raith v Hibs, which I see has been moved to 5:15pm for Sky.

Thinking about trying to squeeze in some of Cowdenbeath v Dunfermline at 3pm, any ideas on the best way to get from there to Stark's Park (i.e. is there a direct bus to the Linktown area)? The 4:30pm train from Cowden is cutting it a bit fine given the 15ish mins walk from KDY station to SP.

The games been moved for Alba... Not Sky.

Train definitely your best option, one thing as well, on the timetable it will say 1 change at Thornton, ignore this as it is a circular train. The same train will carry onto Kirkcaldy after that, Thornton is just it's designated start/finish.

Train definitely your best option, one thing as well, on the timetable it will say 1 change at Thornton, ignore this as it is a circular train. The same train will carry onto Kirkcaldy after that, Thornton is just it's designated start/finish.

No one gets off at Thornton, that's why they built a by-pass.

If you want to take in another game and aren't bothered about whether it's league or non-league, wait until a week or two beforehand and see what the Junior fixtures are. (Junior doesn't mean 'youth' in case you're not aware of that, it's just a different non-league set-up.) There are several junior teams in the vicinity, and the games generally kick off a bit earlier which might give you more time to see a whole game.

They make up the fixtures as they go along, though, and sometimes they're only out a week or two in advance. SJFA East website is here:

http://www.stemsweb.co.uk/ersjfa/default.asp

(Sorry if I'm just telling you a load of stuff you already know.)

Thanks for your comments all. @bobbykdy - I did once go from Cowdenbeath on the train and don't remember a change, so was a bit confused by this when looking at the railway website the other day and saw the change at Thornton.

@Yoss - thanks for the tip re. the juniors, had thought about that actually e.g. Rosyth or someone similar would make for an easy journey to Starks afterwards, plus I think the juniors kick off at 2pm right?

Thanks for your comments all. @bobbykdy - I did once go from Cowdenbeath on the train and don't remember a change, so was a bit confused by this when looking at the railway website the other day and saw the change at Thornton.

@Yoss - thanks for the tip re. the juniors, had thought about that actually e.g. Rosyth or someone similar would make for an easy journey to Starks afterwards, plus I think the juniors kick off at 2pm right?

It will be back to 2:30pm by then, but would still buy you another 30mins.

Burntisland Shipyard, only Fife club in the lower pyramid, is away - but it could be reversed, as the return is unplayed and Duns pitch is knackered.

They also play at 2:30pm.

Archived