Beastisms

Rugster

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Only guilty of first one.reasonably happy with that. Though I would argue that sitting down to wipe yer arse should be an offence instead of standing.

I'm guilty of two or three.

I've evolved into a man that says 'chipper'. Hated it at first but like mould and herpes it certainly grows on you.

Also I'm a lazy c**t so every now and then I treat myself to a sit down pee. It's the only way sometimes.

Oh aye - toasted cheese? What bell-end calls it that? Hate to point out the obvious but the cheese is not being toasted. Roasted cheese all the way.

Some lanky speccy long haired shopcunt called me "mate" in the Lego shop earlier.

Jesus.

Much as I love lego, that's a sad reflection on the brand. Hopefully it was an individual misinterpretation of societal boundaries, and not a corporate diktat à la the shite Apple would enforce.

Swampy definitely did, I think he was the first. Magee also phoned div, maybe even more than once. I'm sure somebody else did too, maybe 14mile?

Dearie me

I thought Div only gave me his number for sexting :( Turns out everyone's got it

Not really a beastism (or might be) but I notice Robbie savage gets called "Sav" by his pals on telly. Is this a new thing? It's cringeworthy stuff.

Much like st Johnstone fans with their shit nicknames for players.

'Fletch and Sav' on BT Sport. Add anyone who likes that to the list.

Roasted cheese is the height of urban sophistication.

Cheese on toast is another preserve of the scheme goblin!

Roasted cheese is essentially a fondue. Without mentioning the toast you're only explaining one half of the meal. Which would in fact be the sort of pathological idleness I'd associate with scheme-goblins.

Thus, I must unfortunately conclude that you are quite, quite wrong.

I think it was Glenn "I hate disabled folk" Hoddle that was calling him that during one of the awful BT sport matches. Why the f**k do they have three people doing the commentary and that tedious drama queen Howard Webb in a van telling us what the rules are at various points?

Or explaining why, despite the rules, the referee got it right on this occasion (even though he clearly didn't).

I'm sitting at a solid 5 after update 5.

3 of these are products of being Dundonian though - chipper, heelie and lorne. Dundonians are well known sound c***s so I believe these should be struck from the record.

Coleslaw on pizza and sitting down to pee (on occasion - usually when kicking the arse out of it at work/hungover) are my other beastly traits.

Roasted cheese is essentially a fondue. Without mentioning the toast you're only explaining one half of the meal. Which would in fact be the sort of pathological idleness I'd associate with scheme-goblins.

Thus, I must unfortunately conclude that you are quite, quite wrong.

I must beg to differ!

Cheese which has been melted in a fondue ( Does anyone still do these? ) is most definataly not roasted!

I must beg to differ!

Cheese which has been melted in a fondue ( Does anyone still do these? ) is most definataly not roasted!

1)

roasting

ˈrəʊstɪŋ/
noun
  1. 1.
    the action of cooking something in an oven or over an open fire.

2)

Fondue (/ˈfɒndj/ or /ˈfɒnd/;[1] French pronunciation: ​[fɔ̃dy]) is a Swiss, Italian, and French dish of melted cheese served in a communal pot (caquelon or fondue pot) over a chafing stand (réchaud) heated with a candle or spirit lamp

You can beg to differ, but you'll be wrong.

Even if you were right, which you aren't, you would still be guilty of lazily not referencing the bread, which makes up a 50% component of the dish (or slightly less than 50% if you add raw onions, which I do, along with a liberal serving of Lea & Perrins, and sometimes a dash of Tabasco).

I am a kind soul and will accept your apology in good grace.

I must beg to differ!

The supermarkets seem to try reviving the fondue every now and then. Think some of them had kits in last Christmas.

As we all know, they were all the rage at the Seventies sex parties frequented by the likes of Roman Polanski, so fondue definitely makes the cut.

Archived