East Fife vs. Arbroath

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just as bad a performance as last week and even more eye bleedingly bad. Mental how much we miss Lowden and Linn, as soon as Rutherford went off you knew we were fucked. That whole system is set up to play to a player like Rutherford upfront, if we lose him for an extended period of time we are fucked.

I said we needed to sign another striker in January, that if we lost him and could only rely on Skelly and Hester we would be fucked and everybody just picked up on their age when I wasn't even speaking about that.

Also with Lowden not in the team it's also really having an effect on Ramsey, he's not able to come inside as much and he's not getting as much space because the full back doesn't go by him. He was stinking again today.

When Rutherford went off we played half an hour with Kane up stranded by himself. Reid kept coming inside. Ramsey who plays like a netball player takes a few steps inside or stands still and tries to play an amazing pass. Sergio couldn't make an impact as we never kept the ball. f**k knows what Hendry is supposed to be doing, he looks not too bad on the ball but never had any influence whatsoever defensively or going forward. Whatley was poor but at least you can see what his role is. Two fullbacks that never get forward.

East Fife will never have an easier afternoon again this season, fucking awful. 5 boys in midfield and 2 fullbacks that offer no real attacking threat.

Hester and Little get pass marks, Watson was ok but looked a bit suspect for their opener.

Can see our season fizzling out pretty soon if Rutherford, Lowden and Linn are out for an extended period.

The only positive from today was seeing Bobby warming up. I did say I expected Austin to play well after my comments so I'm not fussed, Ricky played well but as soon as Austin got out wide that was where he caused the problems. Our whole midfield was awful today and Hester was so isolated up front, got to hope Rutherford isn't out for long. Again we missed Lowdon hugely. Onto Tuesday now

That really was a whole lot easier than I had expected. Arbroath offered nothing to the game an funnelled 11 men behind the ball as soon as they didn't have possession. It was going to take a bit of patience and Fash delivered with his head after a great cross from Stevie Campbell. If anything 2nd half we were even more on top and after a few near things it was no surprise to see Fash leave the smokies defence in his trail before laying it on a plate for Insall. I cant remember East Fife keeper making a save and he had no chance with the fantastic strike that was Arbroaths consolation. I cant see Arbroath being near the top 4 on that showing. Only 11 games to go now and I think Naysmith has stumbled across a good system and shape and all the players appear to know the job expected of them. Another home game against Stirling next week lets hope its a bit warmer.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157663938480939

Not surprising, but not many action shots for Arbroath today. Rutherford was clutching the back of his thigh before he went down. Our squad is down to the bare bones. An emergency loan perhaps if Greg is out for a while? or Joao to come in from the cold?

https://www.flickr.com/photos/scotsman_in_hawaii/albums/72157663938480939

Not surprising, but not many action shots for Arbroath today. Rutherford was clutching the back of his thigh before he went down. Our squad is down to the bare bones. An emergency loan perhaps if Greg is out for a while? or Joao to come in from the cold?

Some top class pics there!

Most of the comments so far have adequately covered the proceedings. I'd like to add that Fash's booking was harsh. He put up with all kinds of shouts from the visiting fans and gets booked for celebrating in front of them. I defended Bobby Linn's right to give it a GIRUY to the home support in the earlier game. I'll defend Fash's right to do the same...

Some top class pics there!

Most of the comments so far have adequately covered the proceedings. I'd like to add that Fash's booking was harsh. He put up with all kinds of shouts from the visiting fans and gets booked for celebrating in front of them. I defended Bobby Linn's right to give it a GIRUY to the home support in the earlier game. I'll defend Fash's right to do the same...

I don't think it should be a booking, much like celebrating with your own fans etc but the players all know they'll get booked for doing it

Well that was pretty diabolical from an Arbroath point of view :( We never got started, and I think we started out too defensively, it seemed to me that we dropped the number 10 role back into a central midfield role and went for a solid 4-5-1, which left Rutherford, and then Hester, very isolated and really invited East Fife onto us constantly.

Missing Lowdon and Linn, followed by Rutherford after 25 minutes really showed, our 3 best performers in the last few months all injured. We have very little strength in depth, and outside of our best starting 11 we have very few options. Unfortunately Jamie Reid somehow managed to put in a performance worse than last week, he has struggled massively in the last two games, and I think it is now simply impossible to start him on Tuesday. Darren Ramsay also, as has been mentioned, really missed Lowdon behind him and the last few games he has under performed considering what he has shown previously.

Nathan Austin was the best player on the park by some distance, he destroyed Craig Watson at times however Ricky Little did very well to match him, and he was probably our only performer today. Austin has everything required at this level, and I think he has a very good chance at Falkirk next season if he continues to develop and gets enough game time.

Three points on Tuesday are absolutely vital for us if we're to get into the top 4. However, any team in this division would struggle without arguably our three best players as things stand and we really need the others to step up and be counted in the next few weeks in their absence.

Well that was pretty diabolical from an Arbroath point of view :( We never got started, and I think we started out too defensively, it seemed to me that we dropped the number 10 role back into a central midfield role and went for a solid 4-5-1, which left Rutherford, and then Hester, very isolated and really invited East Fife onto us constantly.

Missing Lowdon and Linn, followed by Rutherford after 25 minutes really showed, our 3 best performers in the last few months all injured. We have very little strength in depth, and outside of our best starting 11 we have very few options. Unfortunately Jamie Reid somehow managed to put in a performance worse than last week, he has struggled massively in the last two games, and I think it is now simply impossible to start him on Tuesday. Darren Ramsay also, as has been mentioned, really missed Lowdon behind him and the last few games he has under performed considering what he has shown previously.

Nathan Austin was the best player on the park by some distance, he destroyed Craig Watson at times however Ricky Little did very well to match him, and he was probably our only performer today. Austin has everything required at this level, and I think he has a very good chance at Falkirk next season if he continues to develop and gets enough game time.

Three points on Tuesday are absolutely vital for us if we're to get into the top 4. However, any team in this division would struggle without arguably our three best players as things stand and we really need the others to step up and be counted in the next few weeks in their absence.

One of the poorest Arbroath teams I can ever remember by the end of that 90 minutes.

Eta: even with McGlashans team etc, at least they were a right physical team. That team we'

Archived