Victim-Blamers FC v The Famous Greenock Morton

vikingTON

Imagine labelling another stadium a death trap when your own stadium has claimed the lives of two people and caused a game to be postponed due to safety concerns.

Davie has had a shocker here.

It was one life & sadly caused by the victim himself sliding down handrails instead of walking out the stadium correctly. Best get your facts straight. Oh & gale force winds damaging the stadium....well who'd have thought it eh!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to this game. I'm expecting a good travelling support from Morton and I haven't looked yet but I'm assuming the top tier will be closed for this game.

Need to get my tickets midweek & decide where to sit since my seat is in the North Stand Upper. Sit next to the away fans & indulge in the usual banter while missing large chunks of the game...or sit further away and watch the game in peace lol.

Looking forward to this game. I'm expecting a good travelling support from Morton and I haven't looked yet but I'm assuming the top tier will be closed for this game.

Should have been permanently shut on safety grounds.

It was one life & sadly caused by the victim himself sliding down handrails instead of walking out the stadium correctly. Best get your facts straight. Oh & gale force winds damaging the stadium....well who'd have thought it eh!

There's been gale force winds at Firhill before too. Our stadium still hasn't killed anyone though.

There's been gale force winds at Firhill before too. Our stadium still hasn't killed anyone though.

1. Nobody attends your stadium

2. The Gale force winds weren't responsible for anyone's death...just the game being called off

3. You've had more games called off this season alone, than we have in the past decade!

1. Nobody attends your stadium

2. The Gale force winds weren't responsible for anyone's death...just the game being called off

3. You've had more games called off this season alone, than we have in the past decade!

I genuinely can't remember Partick Thistle ever having had a matchday attendance of "0". Your memory is clearly better than mine. Could you tell us when this took place?

Sarcasm aside, the point, which has somehow eluded you, is that you came across as a bit of a tit in calling another stadium a deathtrap, when no one has died in it, or even been injured in it watching a match.

It is also factual that fans have actually died in your stadium on a matchday, ergo you calling another ground a deathtrap, is pretty fucking stupid, even by your own lowly standards.

I genuinely can't remember Partick Thistle ever having had a matchday attendance of "0". Your memory is clearly better than mine. Could you tell us when this took place?

Sarcasm aside, the point, which has somehow eluded you, is that you came across as a bit of a tit in calling another stadium a deathtrap, when no one has died in it, or even been injured in it watching a match.

It is also factual that fans have actually died in your stadium on a matchday, ergo you calling another ground a deathtrap, is pretty fucking stupid, even by your own lowly standards.

Point is....Cappielow is a shithole & while it is not a death trap as such (everybody loves to jump on everything you say)....it's hardly the safest of stadiums.

Point is....Cappielow is a shithole & while it is not a death trap as such (everybody loves to jump on everything you say)....it's hardly the safest of stadiums.

It's a perfectly safe stadium, otherwise Morton wouldn't play in it every second week, your team wouldn't hire it out for your development squad to play in or the Scotland national team wouldn't train in it.

Stop posting please :lol:

It's a perfectly safe stadium, otherwise Morton wouldn't play in it every second week, your team wouldn't hire it out for your development squad to play in or the Scotland national team wouldn't train in it.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh Davie, you absolute fucking spanner.

Neither yourselves or our development squad full the capacity. Any ground that has 2 men & a dog in it will be adequate enough. Oh and our development squad use it because despite the shite stadium, it has a good pitch surface.

Last time we went though, it was not the safest with a capacity crowd. Seen people falling all over the place because of how poor it is.

Davie Bhoy, on 29 Feb 2016 - 19:14, said:

Neither yourselves or our development squad full the capacity. Any ground that has 2 men & a dog in it will be adequate enough.

Haven't had any issues with the many big away supports we've had this season. Mainly because there's nothing wrong with the ground.

Although you've now backtracked and admitted it's not actually a death trap, so I suppose there's not much need to talk about that anymore. You clearly know you were talking out of your arse and are now trying to save just a wee bit of face.

Haven't had any issues with the many big away supports we've had this season. Mainly because there's nothing wrong with the ground.

Although you've now backtracked and admitted it's not actually a death trap, so I suppose there's not much need to talk about that anymore. You clearly know you were talking out of your arse and are now trying to save just a wee bit of face.

Do you sit among the away support at your games?

Do you sit among the away support at your games?

No. But I'd assume if there was issues in our clearly unsafe ground, we'd have heard about it. The worst complaints we get are leg room.

As for the game, I hope we approach it in the same way as we've approached games against top flight opposition. Should at least be able to make life difficult against this side.

No. But I'd assume if there was issues in our clearly unsafe ground, we'd have heard about it. The worst complaints we get are leg room.

People are unlikely to report twisted ankles, bruised shins etc. Like I said, seen lots of people hurt themselves when we went down for the Scottish Cup game there a few years back.

As for the game, I hope we approach it in the same way as we've approached games against top flight opposition. Should at least be able to make life difficult against this side.

I'm confident that we'll cruise through this...but then I was confident the last time, even though it was a fringe squad. Morton will put in a lot of effort. I think Jim Duffy will have them well drilled and could frustrate us but time will tell.

People are unlikely to report twisted ankles, bruised shins etc. Like I said, seen lots of people hurt themselves when we went down for the Scottish Cup game there a few years back.

I'm confident that we'll cruise through this...but then I was confident the last time, even though it was a fringe squad. Morton will put in a lot of effort. I think Jim Duffy will have them well drilled and could frustrate us but time will tell.

I think if we play like we did against Hibs we have a decenr chance, Bobby Barrs best games this season for me have been at Ibrox and Hibs he ran riot on both occassions and the big pirch suits him with his pace, wee Dec back amongst the goals aswell , in gonna say a draw and a replay at Cappielow.

Archived