Saints or Edu

• 1 month later...

Having seen them both at first hand recently I would say they're two good sides but for me the only realistic chance Edu have is to win the match later this month at St Mary's and hope the extra fixtures Saints have in the League and Cups takes it toll on their players between now and the end of the season . It's a shame some of the others couldn't have pushed these teams a little closer just to see what might have happened but to be fair their respective squads sizes have helped as many others struggle to fill their benches giving them an undoubted advantage but that's to the credit of both sides . It's Saints title to lose surely barring a disaster

• 2 weeks later...

Having seen both teams play Mids within the last few days, the Saints are a certainty to win the league after Edu's 2-0 defeat yesterday.Saints have a better defence than the young french squad, who conceded 2 soft goals against Mids.

to be fair saints have got a decent set up . decent players nice stadium . good players like sam warren andrew donley . does anyone know if saints will replace threave in the lowland league

If Saints win the SOS,they'll need to be licensed if they want to go up.They aren't just now but I've been to St.Mary's too and as you say db,it's a good set up.Apparently they are hopeful of getting their license soon.

to be fair saints have got a decent set up . decent players nice stadium . good players like sam warren andrew donley . does anyone know if saints will replace threave in the lowland league

If Saints win the SOS,they'll need to be licensed if they want to go up.They aren't just now but I've been to St.Mary's too and as you say db,it's a good set up.Apparently they are hopeful of getting their license soon.

Safe to say they should get their license by the time they would be in the Lowland League IMO!!

Don't see them (or Edu) replacing Threave though as it has been stated that the SFA want the LL to be 16 teams (it's only 15 just now) so I'd expect Saints (or Edu) to go up and the relegations to start next season...

Donely is a class player btw DB... Have to agree with you on that one!!

Safe to say they should get their license by the time they would be in the Lowland League IMO!!

Don't see them (or Edu) replacing Threave though as it has been stated that the SFA want the LL to be 16 teams (it's only 15 just now) so I'd expect Saints (or Edu) to go up and the relegations to start next season...

Donely is a class player btw DB... Have to agree with you on that one!!

The only thing with that prodigy is what if East Stirling get beaten in the playoff then they would get relegated to the LL,Saints would go up into the LL as South Champs and Threave would be relegated.16 teams then in LL.

The only thing with that prodigy is what if East Stirling get beaten in the playoff then they would get relegated to the LL,Saints would go up into the LL as South Champs and Threave would be relegated.16 teams then in LL.

Would depend on who beat East Stirlingshire in the play off!! If Brora/Cove/Formartine get promoted to League 2 then the LL will have a promotion/relegation play off with the South/East (Remember... There is no automatic promotion/relegation with the LL)... If East Stirlingshire stay in League 2 or Edinburgh City get promoted to League 2 then it'll be a straight promotion for Saints/Edu

This non league football promotion/relegation system is more complicated that you'd expect...

Playoff system between LL and EOSL & SOSL isn't the same as that between SPFL2 and HL & LL. Depending on your perspective LL were more gracious, or EOSL & SOSL struck a better deal.

Bottom of LL is automatically relegated.

(However it's assumed they could go for a vacancy if one exists. Important difference).

SOSL champion - if licensed - will be automatically promoted unless EOSL champion also licensed, in which case playoff.

As stated above, if Brora/Cove/Formartine beat East Stirlingshire there isn't a vacancy anyway.

Will saints slip up in the run in or are they good enough to hold out

Attended game at kirkcudbright last night. Was an excellent advert for SOS football. Thought Edu were more up for it than the Saints team and took their chances well. Saints unlucky on a couple of occasions, Edu hit bar. Overall, Edu edged it.. Saints will undoubtedly still win the league. Makes you wonder if Edu played their strongest team each week would they have won league ? Would certainly have been a lot closer. Saints will need to add a few bodies for Lowland or face being overrun, defence a bit static at times.

It was indedd a great advert for SOS football on Wednesday night. Both teams moved the ball quickly and created space. We need to remember that EDU is essentially a full time team playing against boys who had completed a days work before rushing to the game. Not the best preparation in the world, but there you are. Saints actually created more goal scoring chances than Edu and had they taken one or two, then clearly the result could have been different. My only criticism of Saints is one I have made before, the defence are a bit pedestrian and a huge gap appears between the defence and midfield which allowed EDU to boss Saints in that area. Would be good to see Saints take a step up but are still a few players short on the quality required.

If saints were to get promoted alot of players will be leaving so I'm led to believe, also rab is stepping down no matter what?

Chairman will need to buy a few more players then !! Will be hard to get the quality of players needed for the Lowland as there is not enough players for LL within D and G for 3, never mind poss 4 teams depending on what happens with Threave. There is also the financial aspect of joining LL to deal with too, travel and paying players etc as will be the case in LL.

Chairman will need to buy a few more players then !! Will be hard to get the quality of players needed for the Lowland as there is not enough players for LL within D and G for 3, never mind poss 4 teams depending on what happens with Threave. There is also the financial aspect of joining LL to deal with too, travel and paying players etc as will be the case in LL.

Been buying and paying their players for years with big signing on fees. Know for a fact that the 3/4 players they got from Lowland  League are all getting "incentives". Obviously can afford it so good luck to them. Know from past experience with Wigtown that paying players only lasts till the money runs out, then they leave. Leaves the club in a worse state than before the good times. Short term gain leads to long term pain IMO.

If saints were to get promoted alot of players will be leaving so I'm led to believe, also rab is stepping down no matter what?

If saints get promoted most of there players are not LL quality so whoever the manager is he would need to sign a better quality player for most positions, with the exception of there strikeforce,centre half and left back

Archived