Kilmarnock v Rangers, for the right to face Dumbarton (or Dundee)

• Replies 865
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hibs humiliated is at easter road , queens humiliated us at Palmerston , surrendering a 2-goal lead to alloa was humiliating as was getting horsed by Motherwell, the celtic defeat was far from humiliating

You make it sound like you suffered only one humiliation at Palmerston.

Tricky one. We haven't players capable of heading a goal from a corner so I understand why we take them short.

Actually, Waghorn took a corner at the weekend and fairly whipped it in. Maybe that's what we need more of.

Do you not think at intervals Tavernier Keirnan Ball Wilson Wallace Halliday Waghorn Miller and OHalloran are capable of attacking a corner. Stats show that set plays are such a consistent way of getting goals now. Also It was played in but Clarks goal was not a header. At Alloa the majority was played short , in a confined space. Alloa played theirs in and scored. As we've all said mostly too many passes outside the box and the ball not enough in the box.

How so?

And just when you think monkey can't pull a more tedious point he arrives right on queue

You edited that spelling of cue?

Your bleating about my contributions to match threads would carry more weight, if you didn't keep referring to me and calling out for me.

I am in no way condoning the singing of Super Rangers and mentioned earlier I wish it wasn't sung and I never sing it. Dreadful song and sectarian songs have no place a football games regardless of who is singing them. If you want to post about it then at least be balanced in your post and don't just make things up or complain about songs that are not sectarian in any way

I have a few good friends that are Rangers fans, and they despise the songs (no prizes for guessing which ones) that a large % sing especially at away games. They're Rangers fans in spite of the nonsense. On P&B however, it seems no Rangers fans are willing to denounce the songs and the fans that sing them. They'll instead give it the "are they illegal?!" patter and avoid the questions of why a football match is any place for them in the first place.

If the general reaction on here from Rangers fans whenever these songs are sung was that of "it's wrong and just downright cringey" then there wouldn't be such a furore from the rest every time it happened. IMO, Rangers as a club haven't done enough to denounce this kind of pish as they know (like Celtic on the other cheek) that it sells tat and keeps the hoards content. Until songs about the 1600's, religion and republicanism/unionism are denounced by their fellow fans then it won't stop; and the contempt from other supporters over it won't stop either.

You are having a complete nightmare ........

I have a few good friends that are Rangers fans, and they despise the songs (no prizes for guessing which ones) that a large % sing especially at away games. They're Rangers fans in spite of the nonsense. On P&B however, it seems no Rangers fans are willing to denounce the songs and the fans that sing them. They'll instead give it the "are they illegal?!" patter and avoid the questions of why a football match is any place for them in the first place.

If the general reaction on here from Rangers fans whenever these songs are sung was that of "it's wrong and just downright cringey" then there wouldn't be such a furore from the rest every time it happened. IMO, Rangers as a club haven't done enough to denounce this kind of pish as they know (like Celtic on the other cheek) that it sells tat and keeps the hoards content. Until songs about the 1600's, religion and republicanism/unionism are denounced by their fellow fans then it won't stop; and the contempt from other supporters over it won't stop either.

I never get involved usually in posts that are not about the match meaning, match analysis, formations individual performances etc. However we are in the 21st century and it doesn't matter where it is, in or not in a football stadium, place of work or wherever we all know what is politically not acceptable. As said I for one get embarrassed when I hear comments/songs from anyone, anywhere which is not acceptable. However there may be a fair bit to go to eradicate it totally but it isn't as bad as it was in the past. Hopefully the children growing up now will, through education lead the way in the future.

You edited that spelling of cue?Your bleating about my contributions to match threads would carry more weight, if you didn't keep referring to me and calling out for me.

No that's not what I edited , that's you just making assumptions again monkey and making out they are fact

Also it is the first time I have ever called you out and it was a laugh , but I should have remembered about your humour bypass all those years ago

I never get involved usually in posts that are not about the match meaning, match analysis, formations individual performances etc. However we are in the 21st century and it doesn't matter where it is, in or not in a football stadium, place of work or wherever we all know what is politically not acceptable. As said I for one get embarrassed when I hear comments/songs from anyone, anywhere which is not acceptable. However there may be a fair bit to go to eradicate it totally but it isn't as bad as it was in the past. Hopefully the children growing up now will, through education lead the way in the future.

Teach them well and let them lead the way

Show them all the beauty they possess inside.

No that's not what I edited , that's you just making assumptions again monkey and making out they are fact

Also it is the first time I have ever called you out and it was a laugh , but I should have remembered about your humour bypass all those years ago

Oh ffs.

I wasn't really saying that's what you edited. I was lamenting the fact that you edited a post, yet left in a spelling error that would embarrass a primary school child.

Do you not think at intervals Tavernier Keirnan Ball Wilson Wallace Halliday Waghorn Miller and OHalloran are capable of attacking a corner. Stats show that set plays are such a consistent way of getting goals now. Also It was played in but Clarks goal was not a header. At Alloa the majority was played short , in a confined space. Alloa played theirs in and scored. As we've all said mostly too many passes outside the box and the ball not enough in the box.

We played most corners into the middle last night. I just remembered one late on when Wilson looked likely to score but was pushed in the back.

Its not just corners. I know they want to play a high tempo game but the amount of free kicks we get and don't think about playing them into the box but play short

Archived