Ligue 1

P45

French Super Cup on BT at the moment. Monaco 1-0 up and not looking phased, despite the two big names they've lost so far this summer.

Three stars moved on. Mendy and Silva to City and Bakayoko to Chelsea

Just now, Twinkle said:

Three stars moved on. Mendy and Silva to City and Bakayoko to Chelsea

Knew I'd forgotten someone.

Tiellemans looking very comfortable in the midfield so far. The Bakayoko loss won't be so bad if he can perform like that consistently. He's also loves a long-range screamer.

On 7/15/2017 at 13:15, Allan Jacobsen said:

Bastia administratively relegated to National 1 after not satisfying the requirements to play in Ligue 2 next season. Paris FC take their place.

Looking more likely that it'll be National 3 (fifth level).

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

On 8/7/2017 at 21:24, Allan Jacobsen said:

Looking more likely that it'll be National 3 (fifth level).

Been confirmed that they've been relegated to National 3. However, they haven't found a buyer yet so they won't be playing in that league and may have to start the season in Regional 2 (seventh level). That's if they don't end up going bust, of course.

Played in Ligue 1 last season. Relegated to the fifth level at best, probably the seventh level. Some fall from grace.

Edited by Allan Jacobsen

On 8/11/2017 at 10:54, lanky_ffc said:

This KO routine from Amiens has provoked a bit of debate. Some arguing it's a clever play for territory high up the pitch and others suggesting it's just hoofball.

Saints basically used to do the same thing from the traditional style of kick off. KO then pass it back to someone that fired it out for a throw in deep in the opponents half. Better doing that than the now famous...

Edited by 7-2

On 8/11/2017 at 10:54, lanky_ffc said:

This KO routine from Amiens has provoked a bit of debate. Some arguing it's a clever play for territory high up the pitch and others suggesting it's just hoofball.

Can't believe there's been any debate about this at all. Maybe it's just a British thing, but I've been to or seen hundreds of matches where a team has kicked off and launched it into the channels.

Not saying it's something I particularly agree with as a tactic, but I thought it was pretty common.

Edited by Nightmare

• 3 weeks later...