Ligue 1

P45

Full time:

Capture.PNG.90515f994453a246c99b564510ca8561.PNG

Troyes scored in the 88th minute to put them second. I must confess that I was all set to write a post moaning about how shite it was that Troyes, who would have definitely been relegated back to Ligue 2 next season, had somehow got promoted again and that Lens could join them...but then Amiens scored in the 96th minute and went from sixth to second. I may have let out a cheer when I saw that they had scored. Next season will be their first ever season in Ligue 1 and, like champions Strasbourg, they've secured successive promotions from National to Ligue 1. Troyes will face 18th in Ligue 1 to determine whether they go up or not.

At the other end of the table, Red Star go down with Laval and Orleans will face Paris to determine who plays in Ligue 2 next season.

2 hours ago, JamieStevenson said:

I see Lacazette has announced he's leaving Lyon. 

Seems like he fancies Atletico. Think he'd do well there. They're not a side who dominate games to the extent of Real or Barca, so need somebody clinical when they do create good chances.

The English media have been linking Vardy there, so it'd be pretty amusing if they signed a player from a league they look down their noses at and he turned out to be a success.

Edited by lanky_ffc

Half time in the final week of Ligue 1:

#Capture.PNG.9576a413c91c1e0c88f20c997777b8f8.PNG

Lorient and Nancy going down. Bastia facing Troyes in the promotion/relegation playoff.

Monaco, PSG and Nice already qualified for CL. Lyon occupy the (normally) sole European spot but because PSG won the Coupe de la Ligue, 5th place will qualify for Europe (currently Bordeaux). In a further complication, should PSG win the Coupe de France then 6th place will qualify for Europe (currently Marseille).

9 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

This Marseilles game is tripe, but that stadium is different class.

Last 20 minutes should be end to end as 0-0 is awful for both teams. Might be a decent over 0.5 goals bet if it stays goalless for the next ten minutes though.

Full time:

Capture.PNG.c863ba9dab370d891b63037cad526264.PNG

Nancy and Bastia go down. Lorient face Troyes in the promotion/relegation playoff.

Lyon and Marseille are definitely in Europe and I hope they both flop disastrously. Two thoroughly unpleasant clubs. Bordeaux could get into Europe if PSG win the Coupe de France.

18 hours ago, Allan Jacobsen said:

Troyes and Lorient draw 0-0. Troyes promoted - again. Will be relegated next season - again.

Did they not finish on one of the lowest ever points totals last time they were in Ligue 1? Seem to remember them getting humped pretty much every week and they shipped 9 to PSG in the game that clinched the title.

3 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Did they not finish on one of the lowest ever points totals last time they were in Ligue 1? Seem to remember them getting humped pretty much every week and they shipped 9 to PSG in the game that clinched the title.

18 points. Lens got 17 points back in 1988/89. Troyes scored less goals though.

Rubbish.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...