Faissal Transfer

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone attempt to tackle him?

He got the shit booted out of him every week

Not in that video posted he doesn't, they back off him. It's quite amazing the space gifted to a player being built up quite a bit by Pars fans.

More of that would be good, considering that's what he'd be likely up against most weeks rather than the earlier video posted showing him with acres to run into.

This Stranraer defender (Scott Rumsby) cried like Nacy Kerrigan after getting in Faissal's way....

BnS8M4VIQAAvPgL.jpg

You're wrong about bulking up - he's a strong boy. It's not that folk don't tackle him, rather he makes space by knocking defenders off balance.

If I could pick the ideal team for him (apart from Pars) it would be Dundee - could be a sensational signing - perfect compliment to the existing players. Would hate to see him wasted at some hammer throwing outfit.

I wouldn't say Dundee would be ideal at all, he'd likely play out wide? With Hemmings through the middle.

The most ideal team for him would be one where he can continue to play through the middle most week, he won't get that at Dundee. Hibs would be better for him if anything.

I wish him well in his career but if he bombs at his next move I wouldn't be that fussed, the Dundee fan desperately trying to make out how average he is and trying to get a rise out of it is pretty funny.

At 7.58... (v Ross County). Okay, he only hits the bar but it shows him dealing with tackles...

A trademark half-arsed "tackle" by Martin Woods doesn't count.

ETA: I was very impressed by him, but he faded badly in the replay.  He'd do fine after a top-flight pre-season.

Deeboy is tedious as f**k, it's like someone cut a tumour off of VT and it sprung to life.

Faissal is very good with the potential to be exceptional, whether or not he fulfills that potential will depend on the decisions he makes, his attitude, whether his agent is after money or the best move for him, how well he settles at a new club (if he moves) and the opportunities he is given to prove himself.

As you can see there are a lot of factors which could lead to him bench-warming and coming back down less sharp than before. 

Personally I think it would be best, career-wise, for him to stay, nobody is going to move mountains to give him a spot in the 1st team, if he isn't instantly successful he won't get a chance, if he stay and performs to the same level again then he has a much better chance of a better move and more opportunities at whoever he moves to.

A possibility that he'll be decent in the top flight, one good season in the third tier doesnt deserve the hype hes receiving though.

Deeboy is tedious as f**k, it's like someone cut a tumour off of VT and it sprung to life.

Faissal is very good with the potential to be exceptional, whether or not he fulfills that potential will depend on the decisions he makes, his attitude, whether his agent is after money or the best move for him, how well he settles at a new club (if he moves) and the opportunities he is given to prove himself.

As you can see there are a lot of factors which could lead to him bench-warming and coming back down less sharp than before. 

Personally I think it would be best, career-wise, for him to stay, nobody is going to move mountains to give him a spot in the 1st team, if he isn't instantly successful he won't get a chance, if he stay and performs to the same level again then he has a much better chance of a better move and more opportunities at whoever he moves to.

What if he doesn't though?

Nicky Clark scored 30+ goals in league 1 and has done nothing of note at a higher level. The same could easily happen here.

If he'd stayed at Queens he would have had a better chance, moving to Rangers while being a great money choice, has evidently stalled him as a player.

He's got crazy potential to do well in Scotland, he's incredibly quick, with fantastic dribbling and a great strike of the ball, he needs regular game time to work on the mental side of the game though. If he could move up a level, with a good chance of regular game time while getting a wage rise he'd be crazy not to take it.

You have to wonder about coaching when you see how far ahead Fais is in terms of touch and technique despite never playing eleven a side until a few years ago.

He doesn't do the expected things because he hasn't had the individuality coached out of him. I would be sending more scouts to the Futsal leagues and trialing some of them. I did expect him to fade during the winter or after taking a few knocks but if anything he got better as the season went on. I can only think of one game where someone got close to upsetting him by bullying him and it was petty off the ball stuff from Malcolm when we played Stenny.

Dundee and Ross County couldn't handle him at all.

"The quality of play did not improve much after the interval, with very few good chances created by either side until poor El-Bakhtaoui missed a glaring opportunity."

From the County game report.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here... He's a rubbish player cause he missed a chance? Or are you claiming you don't rate him because you've just read a match report, that states he managed to create a chance for himself in a scrappy game?

I'm showing that County 'failed to cope' with him in a game his team lost 1-0 because he missed three glaring opportunities. He's effectively Luka Tankulic.

But you choose to ignore the game that he scored in against County, where the majority of match reports named him as the best player on the park? I assume all of your strikers scored in every single game last season, and none of them had an off day at all? Honestly, if you think you can understand how well one player played, by reading a match report, I doubt you know much about football at all.

Given the fact that he scored 2 against your first team, I think it's safe to say that he can score against top flight clubs. "But I don't consider the league cup important" - I know that'll be your excuse. At the end of the day, you're just a fickle fan, who can't accept that a player who played 2 divisions below you last season, might strengthen your team.

Would you rather you spent over the odds on a 'proven' player, who may not work out at Dundee, or signed a young talented player, who won't take up so much of the budget and could progress to be worth a fair bit of money? He's not the finished article, but he's progressing well, and clearly knows where the back of the net is.

Archived