Faissal Transfer

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The move is boring and an anti climate. Do have to accept it is a step up, however, up into Scotland's top league to a similar sized club. Better to take a step up than a leap into oblivion to a genuinely big club. Could have stayed with us and achieved the same result perhaps but there ya are, glad it wasn't United or Hibs.  

[emoji38]
Absolutely fizzing.

We offered him £1400 a week.

Now on £1500 a week at Dens even though his agent had asked for £3000 week.

He's £100 a week better off so that's a real financial result. A night out on the bevy better off.

If he calms the petulance and plays for the team he should make that step up.

Disappeared a lot in some games last year and his positional sense is suspect at times as well.

Good luck to him.

We offered him £1400 a week.

Now on £1500 a week at Dens even though his agent had asked for £3000 week.

He's £100 a week better off so that's a real financial result. A night out on the bevy better off.

If he calms the petulance and plays for the team he should make that step up.

Disappeared a lot in some games last year and his positional sense is suspect at times as well.

Good luck to him.

You offered a player £1400 a week to play in the Scottish Championship :lol:

Just now, Rovers1992/1993 said:

You offered a player £1400 a week to play in the Scottish Championship :lol:

I believe so, but there is no way of substantiating that claim. Rumours are just speculative say so, makes for internet conversation though and amuses supporters of rivals.

Personally I'd rather it was used on players who want to play for us, he obviously didn't. So he can't go forth and fornicate from my point of view.

He'll do well at Dundee if they manage him properly.

8 minutes ago, KingQuerrey said:

So what you're saying is he's on more money at a far bigger club, in a better quality league with more media attention and an increased scope to move on even further in the game? And you're trying to imply this isn't a good move for him? All seems a bit bitter IMO.

No you are saying that.

I'm saying he hasn't got the big he move he and his agent had anticipated.

Coventry and Blackburn didn't want him and both Aberdeen and Hibs didn't follow up their initial interest. 

So he's ended up at Dundee and as I've already said, good luck to him.

One thing I will take issue with is your claim that Dundee are a ''far bigger club'' than Dunfermline, that is clearly bovine deposit. Bigger yes, but far bigger, jeezo.

On 7/29/2016 at 15:23, Deefiant said:

Massive step up for him coming to a club like Dundee FC.

Hope he can handle it. Stewart and Hemmings came from a comparable sized club, albeit they were playing at a higher level, so I have faith El Bak will be a good squad player for us.

I applaud that effort. 

Just now, Beachbum said:

It's true.

Well good luck to him. As long as he pays the club back with good performances and we're paying what we can afford, it's a win win for us.

Cardle is an important player for us.

45 minutes ago, KingQuerrey said:

He's been playing in League 1 for the past 3 seasons, and is stepping up two whole levels. Plenty justification for calling Dundee FC a much bigger cub than yourselves. All the 7 big city clubs are much bigger than the Championship level town clubs.

Excellent move for the young man.

No justification calling Dundee a much bigger club than Dunfermline because it's simply not true.

So by all means continue to unsuccessfully try and substantiate the dubiety of your justification but to no avail. Sorry.

Dundee are clearly a much bigger club than Dunfermline though. 

Oh and I'd take anything Beachbum says with a massive pinch of salt, he hates Dunfermline more than he loves his own club. A fairly common theme among Rovers and Cowdenbeath fans. 

Jimmy 85 I take most of it with a pinch of the white sodium powder that enhances Chipshop meals.

Bottom line is the Pars are on the comeback and steady progress will ensue. 

It's obvious our Fife rivals are insanely jealous but that's how it is.

I can even see why the likes of Dundee see us as a threat being of a similar size to us but not as well run.

1 minute ago, KingQuerrey said:

How's it no?

They've spent the last 3 seasons 2 leagues above you, with ~double the crowds and just taken your best player off you by offering him a hunner quid more than you did. They're a good couple of tiers larger than you friend.

So going by your logic Ross County, Caley, Partick Thistle are bigger than Hibs and Dundee United because they are in the league up from them. Flawed logic.

We averaged 3,400 at home in the 3rd tier of Scottish football last season with nobody bringing an away support.

Dundee didn't average double that with Celtic, Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United visiting them at Dens.

Dundee brought about 800 to EEP when we thumped them 3-1 midweek in the Cup. Next round we took 1500 to Tannadice, also midweek.

I did say Dundee are a bigger club but not hugely bigger. 

In the words of 80's pop duo Clime Fisher 'girl you know it's true'

Archived