Albion Rovers v Brechin City

Ha ha ha let's all laugh at Dods he is shite,relegation here we come,hello 2nd division.

This comment sums you up .

I honestly thought we were headed in right direction although we are screaming out for a striker ! But to go to Albion and lose 4 1 in a must win game show s somethings not right at all ! I know The Hedge ll come on and slate me because I was nt there so should nt comment etc etc but it's blatantly obvious Darren Dods and Bailley are struggling ! I ain t too bothered about bein relegated as that's part of sport but need to see a bit o fight

On the contrary. I now have to admit defeat. For possibly the first time I witnessed a team with very little passion and desire to stay up and put up a fight.

Albion were the hungrier team and harried us all night.

It was a mistake laden, shocking performance from the start. Possibly one of our worst this season at a time when we just had to win.

Yes Dods must ultimately take the blame but the players must look at themselves and ask if they deserve their wages this week. Jacko and Thomson were the only two I could say looked up for it. The rest chucked it.

We are definitely doomed now with Farfar getting not only a win but a morale boosting convincing one. . Time is running out sadly.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shame that Darren is struggling, always came over as a great pro in his time with us. I still think he needed someone with a bit experience in with him looking over his shoulder especially in his first job. Sandy Clark at Dunfermline and Bill Stark at Albion being the obvious examples.

Why doesn't Craig Johnston start for Brechin? I thought he was your best player last time at Cliftonhill.

It's a mystery to us especially when we are doing so poorly. He's raw and doesn't do an awful lot defensively but going forward he always looks like causing problems when he's played. With the exception of Spence in the last few weeks our midfielders/wingers have created next to nothing for our front line this season.

If you go back to the start of the season and question why the committee did not have a plan in place when our last manager left.

The only players that were available for Darren Dodds to sign were the ones that no other manager wanted,

Normally the planning for the next season is done during April and May, we were caught napping again..

Darren Dodds had no track record in management and to throw him straight into to managing a League One team with very few signed players would have been a challenge to someone with a proven record.

During October the Club say that it's time to start again and rebuild the team, well for a manager with no experience that's some task to be handed for his first job!

This is not Darren Dodds fault we are in this position, this is the committees fault for not acting faster after they knew our last manager was going.

We are now destined for the 2nd division.

We are a club that's going backwards quickly and its time

for dramatic change.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LWQbuJ24Wzg

One D one D one D

Yes, Brechin made that easy for the Rovers- their first half performance was as bad as I've seen at Cliftonhill for a while. Love could easily have scored a first half hat trick, Barrowman had the ball in the net twice - the first a dubious offside decision. McBride's header was a lovely goal, though - Alan Reid sent in a Champions' League quality cross from deep, and McBride rose high to flick it into the corner of the net.

It was over at half time and although Brechin improved slightly and won a penalty, it was never in doubt and it never felt like the Rovers had to grind out the result. Two of our three booked players must watch their discipline as suspensions loom. With 5 games to play in the next 18 days it's not a bad time to have a player miss a game - they'll need their rest anyway. The next three weeks will reveal whether or not this team has what it takes to go all the way.

How did the boy Petrie play? I thought he looked quite useful when he came on at Stranraer.

How did the boy Petrie play? I thought he looked quite useful when he came on at Stranraer.

I can't remember any significant contributions. He played in holding midfield and I'd say it would be wise not to play him there against any other teams. His passing accuracy was worse than Gary Fisher's.

Archived