• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Sign in to follow this  
Tynierose

Junior footballer Mr X

Hi

Coming soon on http://thejuniors.info will be a column that has been influenced by the secret footballer books.

We have managed to get a player to agree to do this and he will be doing regular pieces. He requests that you send him in questions about all things to do with the game.

The email address to send questions to is...

[email protected]

Edited by Tynieness

Well it's definitely someone from the West as they charge the rip-off £6 compared to the fiver in the East hahaha

Here’s my solution, let’s start the season in early March with an aim of finishing in late October. Yes you will lose some players to holidays in the summer months, but I dare say not many more than you already do throughout the season. Summer nights will allow for more midweek games, but they can be carefully planned in advance rather than the usual late season scramble. Pitches for the most part will be in a healthier condition therefore surely improving the standard of the majority of games? For me it’s a no brainer, it would allow players and club staff a longer close season break to spend time with family and friends, especially around the festive period. It would allow fans a break in the winter months, and hopefully when they were attending games in summer they would be seeing a better product. Clubs would save money on pitches and training facilities, as most pitches would need less work and the lighter nights would allow for training to be done on grass rather than these community astro’s where clubs are paying out top dollar 2 nights a week in rent. This would ease financial problems and hopefully allow a more consistent revenue stream.

Let me sign off this week by just trying something a little new, I’m going to highlight my result of last week and game to look forward to most this weekend.

Agree 110% With all these points and we wont know until we at least trial it for a couple of seasons.

Cue the usual brigade stating pitch maintenance, Holidays,Golf,Bowls as problems..

above solution gives you around 34 Saturdays and 13 midweeks in June/July/August too fit fixtures in,

You could even have a proper fixture list!!. If any Junior club progresses in the senior Scottish Cup they will need too adapt ,

The Russians need to do it for European Football.

Was kind of hoping as you are anonymous we would get some real controversial insider dealing stuff.

Interesting but bland from the scandal side.

Maybe some to come.

I would post some but too many know me and i'd get it back :angel

Was kind of hoping as you are anonymous we would get some real controversial insider dealing stuff.

Interesting but bland from the scandal side.

Maybe some to come.

I would post some but too many know me and i'd get it back :angel

Everyone loves a bit of scandal....some may feature in the future but I have to be careful as you are well aware junior football is a small world in which I have many friends

Everyone loves a bit of scandal....some may feature in the future but I have to be careful as you are well aware junior football is a small world in which I have many friends

So what's the point to you then. All you're going to do is regurgitate the stuff that's been doing the rounds on here for years.

Just like your summer football post. All been said before and you've added nothing new.

What we want is insider info on scandals, rumours and downright backstabbing.

So what's the point to you then. All you're going to do is regurgitate the stuff that's been doing the rounds on here for years.

Just like your summer football post. All been said before and you've added nothing new.

Appreciate your point, just keen that I don't turn it into a gossip column there's plenty of that going around already. Cheers

Imagine its meant to be a bit of fun tbh, hearing stories from a footballers view and trying to guess who it is, not trying to get some poor sod lynched by his mates

that's better.who was it

Wasn't much fun for the poor sod who nearly got lynched by his so called teammates the last time a footballer told a true story and they couldn't guess who he was.

Imagine its meant to be a bit of fun tbh, hearing stories from a footballers view and trying to guess who it is, not trying to get some poor sod lynched by his mates

'Stories from a footballers view'

Well that'll be refreshing. Footballers expressing a view on things.

It's a wonder someone never thought of starting a forum where footballers could put across their opinions.

A forum where they could use a pseudonym to hide their true identity.

A forum where they could say what they like without fear of reprisals.

A forum that........................ here, wait a minute,

'Stories from a footballers view'

Well that'll be refreshing. Footballers expressing a view on things.

It's a wonder someone never thought of starting a forum where footballers could put across their opinions.

A forum where they could use a pseudonym to hide their true identity.

A forum where they could say what they like without fear of reprisals.

A forum that........................ here, wait a minute,

Sounds like youre jealous you never got picked to be the mystery player...

Good article on managers and you talk a lot of sense, but if you want to convince people you're telling the truth and remain anonymous on a forum it's vital you yourself remember who you are supposed to be. You can't pretend not being a manager and say "too many of us watch football on tv and think we can replicate that, quite frankly we can't". Not being critical of you, just a bit of advice in case you have aspirations of becoming a chairperson one day.

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate you taking the time. I can categorically tell you I'm not a manager, perhaps the use of the word "we" was incorrect on my part, I'm new to this still learning.

Cheers

No problem, I believe you, but thousands wouldn't after that reply. "I can categorically tell you Mario Ballotelli will not be at Liverpool." (Brendan Rogers 4th August 2014) We all know what happened 3 weeks later.

Who cares? Are you really more interested in revealing who he, is than what he's got to say?

The clue is in the name, "The Secret Footballer".

There's really no point in it being anonymous unless some of the content is controversial.

Dressing room fall outs, dodgy dealings, what happens at the players nights oot and so on.

Nothing wrong with the column in itself but it's being framed as an insider view but coming over as pretty run of the mill stuff.

Not trying to put you of doing it, but you asked for our tuppence worth.