Future of EoS

It's not a case of just handing over £2k and getting into the Scottish Cup, the work involved in getting a licence isn't straightforward and ground upgrades could cost a lot of money.

Yeah, I know that, BUT the poster I was replying to suggested there were a lot of teams that didn't need much, indeed may even already be at the standard that strollers and Golspie had achieved ground wise.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Civil Service Strollers installed an old bike shed to meet the ground standards, while Golspie Sutherland did this in terms of adding cover for spectators:

golspie01.JPG

Based on how easy those both seem to be for a range of junior sides, then why don't they get licensed to compete in the big scottish? Is it the pyramid or the fact that full accounts may also be needed or indeed some other reason?

Think the main issue is the commitment to progression clause as that seems to imply clubs having to leave the SJFA and join the EoS or SoS at least where clubs based south of the Tay are concerned, although that has yet to be tested in practice. Haddington Athletic will be the one to watch on that as they are known to have moved beyond the 2K payment stage and are slowly getting the boxes ticked on entry level licensing. I don't claim to be in the loop on what happens in junior apparatchik circles, but have been told that it is the concept of progression that the SJFA have an issue with more than anything else in that it implies that the superleague champions could not simply decide that they prefer to stay where they are and would have to either accept promotion or participation in a playoff.

Not involved with Haddington but seen in the press they had to get a toilet block and first aid room plus an enclosed fence. Watched the highlights of their game at the week's and it's no obvious that any of the work involved underway. LL might be too soon for them this year.

There's only one other non member club currently working on licencing

Not involved with Haddington but seen in the press they had to get a toilet block and first aid room plus an enclosed fence. Watched the highlights of their game at the week's and it's no obvious that any of the work involved underway. LL might be too soon for them this year.

There's only one other non member club currently working on licencing

Edusport Academy?

Any updates on Haddington (The Old Northerner I think his name is)? I'd love to see them in the Lowland at some point.

Building and fencing work is out for tender at present. The ground around the current boundary has been cleared enough to allow the fencing to be upgraded but the tender (as it stands) has been offered as both fencing & building. Some changes had to be made to the initial build plans which caused a delay. I'm disappointed we won't make the 31st this time around but the licencing committee meets every three months IIRC so still very much an on-going project. 

Building and fencing work is out for tender at present. The ground around the current boundary has been cleared enough to allow the fencing to be upgraded but the tender (as it stands) has been offered as both fencing & building. Some changes had to be made to the initial build plans which caused a delay. I'm disappointed we won't make the 31st this time around but the licencing committee meets every three months IIRC so still very much an on-going project.

Good to hear. I enjoyed my first trip for the game v Dundonald in August. I probably won't make another game this season but I'll hopefully be a long a fair bit next year.

Keep us updated.

I'm not sure if the £2000 is lost or not if your application is refused. Three clubs, Girvan, St Cuthberts Wanderers and Newton Stewart were refused so they would know.

There's quite a lot involved for a club that isn't close to getting a license. Requirements http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/2015/2016%20Manual%20-%20Prt%201%20&%202.pdf

Clubs who have been granted licenses or been refused http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/resources/documents/ClubLicensing/2015/2016%20Manual%20-%20Prt%201%20&%202.pdf

For those who can't load a PDF,

Ground requirements:

• Health and Safety certification from local council. 
  • Clubs shall have a suitable safety and contingency policy.
  • Surface should be Grass or a FIFA One Star artificial surface. 
  • Minimum Pitch Dimensions are 90x56m
  • Suitable lines and goalposts
  • There shall be a sensible distance from where the pitch ends and the terracing starts
  • Clubs shall have adequate irrigation in place.
  • Floodlights with 200 lux are recommended but are not required.
  • Clubs need 2 changing rooms (and referees room) with: 5 showers, 22 seats, 2 showers and 1 massage table
  • A technical area, medical area and a toilet fro doping control
  • Clubs need 100 covered places with a documented capacity of the ground
  • Clubs shall provide provisions for fans such as WCs and provision for disabled supporters.

post-53871-0-36629100-1458161671_thumb.j

post-53871-0-48089000-1458161684_thumb.j

Archived