Gomorrah - seasons 1-4

Shandon Par

This is only based on the ridiculously high expectations I have for this show but I'm finding myself a bit frustrated with this series.

I'm not as interested in the alliance storyline. The Genny/Pietro/Conte episodes have been unbelievably good TV, feel myself sighing a bit when it's another Scianel episode.

That said, it all works well as a plot device. Everything is poised beautifully. Won't be complaining if this series ends as dramatically as the first.

Thought Scianel was a good character, must be one of the most menacing females to have appeared on TV.  Don't want to say too much because I've never looked into how to do the spoiler box but the Alliance (which showed the difference between the mentality of rulership between Ciro and Pietro) and the subsequent picking apart of it paved the way for ending which was good imo.

Edited by Pete Rockwell

Any chance of a third series?

It was a pretty satisfying conclusion so I'd be happy if they just called it quits but can tv companies ever walk away from a winning formula these days? I suppose there's plenty of scope to go off on a tangent and introduce a load of new characters (probably not a spoiler to say the body count hit such a peak there are not many characters left).

Eta - that's all bollocks ^^ third and fourth seasons are in the pipeline.

Edited by Shandon Par

It was a pretty satisfying conclusion so I'd be happy if they just called it quits but can tv companies ever walk away from a winning formula these days? I suppose there's plenty of scope to go off on a tangent and introduce a load of new characters (probably not a spoiler to say the body count hit such a peak there are not many characters left).

Eta - that's all bollocks ^^ third and fourth seasons are in the pipeline.

ciros stil alive, gennaros seems to have climbed his way up the greasy pole(though did episode 2 not have him back in the Nicaraguan jungle a year later than series 2 was set?) and Napoli will be in turmoil again with the power vacuum;a reign of terror by the alley kids?what about patrizia( :wub:  :wub:  :wub: )as a very lovely wild card?plenty of scope for this yet

Spoilers, obviously:

This is only based on the ridiculously high expectations I have for this show but I'm finding myself a bit frustrated with this series.

I'm not as interested in the alliance storyline. The Genny/Pietro/Conte episodes have been unbelievably good TV, feel myself sighing a bit when it's another Scianel episode.

That said, it all works well as a plot device. Everything is poised beautifully. Won't be complaining if this series ends as dramatically as the first.

And there you have it. I certainly am not complaining now, a great finale as expected. Couldn't believe the scene with Ciro's kid.

Think it's poised well for the next series. Genny already in charge in Rome, massive power vacuum in Naples, Patrizia the disruptive dark horse type character.  

Not sure if I was running a prison film night, I'd be choosing Training Day though.

Amazing, easily one of the best things I've ever seen on telly. Although you know they're all evil c***s, the scene with Malammore and Ciro's daughter was brutal.

I'm sure I read the other week somewhere on Twitter that it's been renewed for another 2 seasons.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
37 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

like most trailers,wish I hadn't watched it. and there appears to be a fuckin hipster in the show,he'll hopefully die slowly and horribly

looking forward to it though

I'm sure the hipster will get what he deserves (shot, blown up, stabbed, drowned, fed to a panther etc as happens to everyone else). 

The trailers have never done the series justice. Pretty sure I read the director has changed so hopefully the quality won't have dipped.

• 1 month later...

Gomorrah season 3 opens in Italy and gets more viewers than Game of Thrones. Also two episodes released in cinemas (topping the Box Office). UK airing in January:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/italy-s-gomorrah-season-3-premiere-breaks-countrys-tv-ratings-records-1059804 

_dsc8099-h_2017.jpg