Fixtures for 5th March?

Burnie_man

As I'm passing through Aberdeen on Saturday and providing things don't change again, which would anyone suggest out of Formartine, Cove at Harlaw Park, Huntly, or Keith to be the most or least likely to beat any weather issues? Have been bottling in down south since November and watching on the dreaded 3G in the juniors and Lowland/ SoS, but some proper football would be nice. Grateful for any thoughts.

As I'm passing through Aberdeen on Saturday and providing things don't change again, which would anyone suggest out of Formartine, Cove at Harlaw Park, Huntly, or Keith to be the most or least likely to beat any weather issues? Have been bottling in down south since November and watching on the dreaded 3G in the juniors and Lowland/ SoS, but some proper football would be nice. Grateful for any thoughts.

I would plan for the Cove game which is likely to be the most competitive. You can get to the other grounds fairly easily from Inverurie by public transport if things change, there isn't much between them as regards the likelihood of postponements, Formartine used to be famous for it but they've sorted out their drainage. Hopefully you should know by 10am Saturday if you check their twitter feeds or FitbaNorth.

I would plan for the Cove game which is likely to be the most competitive. You can get to the other grounds fairly easily from Inverurie by public transport if things change, there isn't much between them as regards the likelihood of postponements, Formartine used to be famous for it but they've sorted out their drainage. Hopefully you should know by 10am Saturday if you check their twitter feeds or FitbaNorth.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

Ended up at Formartine, and what a game ! Despite the weather it was very enjoyable although the extra time was a struggle, frozen!.

What I would say though s the game should never have went ahead, no way was it playable and it's many years since I've seen a game at any level played on a surface like that. At least two goals were scored as result of the ball getting stuck in the mud in the penalty area and the forward taking advantage. It was a shocker.

With a bit of indecision, changes of plan and the like, I ended up at Huntly with no regrets whatsoever! Enjoyed the surroundings, the folk I met and a very decent game with a bit of deep into injury time high drama thrown in too.

I'll be back for more, for sure.

Again a good choice, Huntly have been up and down this season but you'd usually expect them to be pumped by Fraserburgh. Clach got a late minute goal to win earlier in the season when I was there but they looked well organized and had a decent cup run. Good pub on the town square, and a few more. Bit of a trek to the railway station. That is my total knowledge of Huntly. :)

Saw a bit of Huntly, but there was something of a chill in the air as I waited for the bus back to Aberdeen. ( Yes, I had a return train ticket, but I wasn't spending an hour and a half in the dropping temperatures just because I'd bought one.) Luckily, meeting an Aberdeen based fan of the visitors made waiting for the bus back and the journey fly back. Very respectable catering hut and even their harshest critics would surely admit their stand is a good 'un and the banter coming from it....interesting!

Archived