St Johnstone v Aberdeen, Saturday 6th February 2016

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Del boy has slipped way down in my estimation what a fucking p***k he was today, out moaning about something to the referee during the referee warm up, disrupting our warm up by impeding into that area and moaning to Calum. fucking complete arse hole pity Steve Lomas was not there he have punted the wee runt,

Disrupting your warm up :lol:

Get a fucking grip of your self :lol:

Del boy has slipped way down in my estimation what a fucking p***k he was today, out moaning about something to the referee during the referee warm up, disrupting our warm up by impeding into that area and moaning to Calum. fucking complete arse hole pity Steve Lomas was not there he have punted the wee runt,

Tears are streaming down your cheeks :lol: :lol: :lol:

We got to Perth at about 2.30pm. There were loads of other late arrivals as well. We got parked at ground (for free) and into our seats via a cash turnstile within 20 minutes. The section of the main stand we were in had only one food stand, but I imagine that,s because its an area not often used.

Despite us taking a last minute decision to go to the game, St Johnstone managed to let us and several hundred others in similar positions into see the whole game with no problems.

I thought that was pretty impressive.

The stewards we spoke to yesterday agreed that the set up was totally unsuitable for 1,000 ish away fans in the Main Stand. The narrow stairway at the end of the stand can't cope with that many folk. I felt sorry for the 2 kids working their arse off at the kiosk.

Re the view, I know the South Stand fence makes it just as bad for away fans at Pittodrie.

Hate to be a bore, but this game just highlights our need to go back to a midfield five, even if thats just MacLean dropping deeper, or even dropping one of him or Cummins. We never seem to get any form of control in the centre of the park these days.

Apart from Murray Davidson our central midfield is hellish. Very slow, negative and powder puff.

It a similar story with the majority of the team actually. Yesterday they did not look fit, none of them looking to take a chance or play that killer pass. The team need more energy and go back to basics of pass and move rather than punt ball.

I thought we played much better in the 2nd half when we tried to keep the ball on the deck, although the pitch doesn't really help us in that aspect.

You ok fella?

Head fully gone.

Dry yer fucking eye.

Disrupting your warm up :lol:

Get a fucking grip of your self :lol:

Tears are streaming down your cheeks :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fucking brilliant response to that, think I will try this more often :P PS. It was probably him telling them he was swapping a inured player right enough I only found that out in the pub when our local dons fan told me last night (sorry) :lol: .

Ah, the classic "I was fishing" backtrack. Nobody believes it, by the way.

Sorry did I miss you on the quote button and you feel left out, Fucking hell they are jumping themselves now to get caught :lol: .

PS it is bad manners to butt into conversations you are not involved in did your parents never tell you this.

I don't really believe Wright would drop Mannus but do now think if he was to miss out because of injury or suspension that the shirt would be Clark's to lose, which wasn't the case in September. His save rate has regressed significantly this season (by about 10% according to @226blog) and you can't pin that on the defence.

Think back to some of his performances of the past, in Norway or at Pittodrie in December 2012 for example, then try to remember the last time he had a showing like that? Certainly not this season. Even remembering an out of the ordinary save is a job?

I thought McLean was good again, lovely touches and calm in possession. Smith wasn't great - I reckon it's almost certain Storie will come back in at ICT.

Exciting game, though not really enjoyable as Saints were always trying to come back. Steven Maclean showed a great touch for their goal, though i wasn't so keen on him running 30 yards to try and get Shay Logan sent off for what was a pretty fair challenge.

AFC section of the Main Stand was shambolic, ridiculous 30 minute queue for food. Stewards were getting grief from quite a few fans, but they're not to blame for the daft layout of that section of the ground.

The stewards we spoke to yesterday agreed that the set up was totally unsuitable for 1,000 ish away fans in the Main Stand. The narrow stairway at the end of the stand can't cope with that many folk. I felt sorry for the 2 kids working their arse off at the kiosk.

Re the view, I know the South Stand fence makes it just as bad for away fans at Pittodrie.

You really should visit your own ground as an away fan to put some perspective on your angst.

Not being able to see some of the pitch due to the fence, and the shallow rake of the terrace that you've bolted seats onto, with limited legroom. Compare that to the perfect view and huge legroom you get at McDiarmid Park in the Main Stand.

Just over 1200 Saints fans came up on the last game of last season and there was one turnstile open for cash. One.

And one turnstile for the 4 people who had bought tickets in advance, which stood empty whilst a good few Saints fans stood queuing and missed the kick off. Compare that to your fellow Aberdeen fans comments above about getting everyone in swiftly.

Your catering is one portacabin at the back of the stand for a couple of thousand. You had that for 1000 yesterday.

Add in the over zealous stewarding at Pittodrie.

Along with Celtic, comfortably the worst away ground to visit in the premiership. There are clubs in lower divisions with far better facilities than Aberdeen.

You should now apologise to St Johnstone FC for your earlier comments.

Aberdeen also refused to open about ten rows at the front of the stand despite the current area being full and there still being queues outside, eventually pure numbers forced it to happen.

My point is the fact that the area was already full, with huge queues outside, and they still refused to open more seats up for folk. Bizarre.

You really should visit your own ground as an away fan to put some perspective on your angst.

Not being able to see some of the pitch due to the fence, and the shallow rake of the terrace that you've bolted seats onto, with limited legroom. Compare that to the perfect view and huge legroom you get at McDiarmid Park in the Main Stand.

Just over 1200 Saints fans came up on the last game of last season and there was one turnstile open for cash. One.

And one turnstile for the 4 people who had bought tickets in advance, which stood empty whilst a good few Saints fans stood queuing and missed the kick off. Compare that to your fellow Aberdeen fans comments above about getting everyone in swiftly.

Your catering is one portacabin at the back of the stand for a couple of thousand. You had that for 1000 yesterday.

Add in the over zealous stewarding at Pittodrie.

Along with Celtic, comfortably the worst away ground to visit in the premiership. There are clubs in lower divisions with far better facilities than Aberdeen.

You should now apologise to St Johnstone FC for your earlier

comments.

Can't really argue but the bigger issue is fans are treated like shite in all grounds. So if clubs aren't trying it stands to reason they'll try less for visitors.

Ross County are possibly an exception, great wee ground with friendly helpful staff. Inverness away end is abysmal, as is Tannadice. St Johnstone's is nowhere near the worst.

What a game that was yesterday. Defending poor from both teams but it made for some spectacle.

For us, McInnes made the correct changes 10-15 minutes into the second half. Smith and Pawlett are both attacking players and at that stage, we needed the greater control and defensive discipline that Storie offered.

Great deal of composure from Smith in the way he played Logan in for the first goal. Shaughnessy made an awful error for our third. The fourth from Rooney was a sublime goal.

We had a lot of tired legs towards the end of the game but very concerning that we lost more goals to St Johnstone from set pieces. In both games this season, we have lost very sloppy goals to them from set plays. Need to sharpen up there.

Impressive display from Hayes, Rooney, Shinnie and McLean. Reynolds looked pretty uncomfortable yesterday afternoon again, which is a concern going forward. Under high balls and against pacy strikers, he appears to have lost a great deal of confidence.

I felt we were deserving of the win but a tighter margin was correct, as at 4-1, I didn't think Saints had played that poorly. Lovely day out.

Archived