Festivals 2016

Hank Scorpio

A few festivals have started punting tickets for the summer already. Anyone got any plans for anything more extravagant than T in the Park? I've been to Creamfields, Tomorrowland, Glastonbury and T in the Park over the past couple of years so me and three mates are planning to head over to Defqon 1 in Holland. Prices are ridiculously cheap, you get a four man hut with bedding and electricity for the same price as a standard T in the Park ticket. I've never done a festival in anything other than tent, but with that style of music I imagine we'll be needing to get at least a little bit of shut eye to be fit for the following day, and for such a cheap price we'd be daft not to.

Fire away.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Download Festival this year for me, and potentially Festival No. 6. I'll be keeping an eye on the latter and make my decision around June on that. Festival No. 6 is a tremendous venue with Portmeirion and usually a brilliant lineup of great music, comedy and in conversation stuff. Only been once but really need to get back.

Going to Rock Am Ring in Germany for the second year running as once again it has my favourite line-up. Also going to 2000 Trees and Slam Dunk in Leeds. I may consider Leeds Festival dependent on the next few announcements, I'm not impressed with it so far.

• 2 weeks later...

V festival looking a bit shit. Actually like the look of the top two of Sia and Justin Bieber on one of the days, but on the whole the lineup is kinda gash.

Justin Bieber, Sia, Rihanna, David Guetta

Faithless, Kaiser Chiefs, Bastille, Little Mix, Jess Glynne, Jake Bugg, Years and Years, Rita Ora, Halsey, Tinie Tempah, Example, Craig David's TS5, Katy B, Travis, DJ Ez, Sigma ( DJ Set ), James Morrison, John Newman, Troye Sivan, All Saints, Fleur East, Big Sean, Soul II Soul, Flight Facilities, Foxes, Lethal Bizzle, DNCE

Weren't Pulp a big part in the festival being created?

Spot on. Was supposed to be just two big outdoor Pulp gigs but then grew from there into a two day festival. The line ups for the first few years were excellent but then again most festival line ups were at that time.

Archived