Falkirk v Raith

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't put McCann in at right back, as I don't believe Muirhead has done badly at all there. Obviously would prefer Muirhead at CB however I wouldn't want to start mucking about with the defence.

I tried to write out my preferred line up in midfield but there's no way I could do it without dropping someone who has been playing well. As much as I'm not a big fan of Alston's, no one can deny his recent form has been good. I can't see Kerr or Vaulks dropped either, even Sibbald too.

Up front I would have Baird and Miller though. O'Hara as an impact sub and McHugh is 4th choice striker at this time I would say

I wouldn't put McCann in at right back, as I don't believe Muirhead has done badly at all there. Obviously would prefer Muirhead at CB however I wouldn't want to start mucking about with the defence.

I tried to write out my preferred line up in midfield but there's no way I could do it without dropping someone who has been playing well. As much as I'm not a big fan of Alston's, no one can deny his recent form has been good. I can't see Kerr or Vaulks dropped either, even Sibbald too.

Up front I would have Baird and Miller though. O'Hara as an impact sub and McHugh is 4th choice striker at this time I would say

I agree with McCann, I'd play Alston-Vaulks-Kerr-Hippolyte with sibbs off the shoulder of Baird.

I doubt there will be many changes as suggested, same back four as of Rangers, Kerr Sibbs and Vaulks and one of Mcgrandles, Alston, Taiwo and up top Baird and one of OHara, McHugh and Millar.

I'd have McHugh as our fourth choice striker but with Houston preferring McHugh from the bench v Dundee suggests he doesn't. OHara tho is doing all he can in having performances in the development league making it hard to ignore him.

All in all, it's good to have options in that we could have two strikers, one defender and three midfieders who can make an impact from the bench

Cuthbert

Bates Toshney Bene Mckeown

Davo Robertson

Anderson Craigen* Connolly

Panay

*If fit, if not then Longridge in there.

That's the team I'd go with.. Or even McCord for Robertson( There you go, I've caved, don't say I didn't warn you though)

Callachan and Stewart definitely need rested. I'd leave Thomson on the bench, possibly bring him on in the last 15-20 minutes to ease him back in only if he's 100% fit. Bates doesn't deserve to be dropped, especially after last nights performance. Has anyone seen Barry McKay recently or is he still in Bate's back pocket?

Really looking forward to this now. I think this could be a really good game. Don't let us down McKinnon. Send us out to attack.

Agree with shifting Muirhead inside and bringing in McCann. Sibbs must play in a central role.

Rogers

McCann Muirhead Grant Leahy

Taiwo

Vaulks McGrandles

Sibbald

Baird O'Hara

Subs: Mehmet, Watson, McCracken, Kerr, Alston, Hippolyte, Miller

Anyone know how long McHugh is out for?

Strongest 1-18 we've had since before we were relegated imo

Watson was excellent at Ibrox. He wont be and shouldnt be dropped

I get Bates is just a young lad and has done what's asked of him but if Thomson is 100% fit I'd get him back in pronto.

Absolutely. Bates has done a fine job, and I'm a big fan. But Thomson drags the team up the park, provides more of an attacking outlet, is better in possession and on top of that he's captain. He'll play when he's fit again, and rightly so. Hopefully it's this game.

Bates is unfortunate probably our best two players this season have been Toshney and Benedictus or he'd probably slot over to centre back. His time will come - he's a terrific prospect, the best one we have aside from Vaughan.

Cuthbert

Thomson Toshney Benedictus McKeown

Robertson Davidson

Callachan Connolly Longridge

Harry

^^^ McKinnon's side, assuming Thomson is fit. Not sure I like it myself, and I definitely don't like Longridge playing ahead of Anderson and Craigen, but I think it's the current pecking order. Suppose he may throw another surprise and keep Toshney in midfield.

Absolutely. Bates has done a fine job, and I'm a big fan. But Thomson drags the team up the park, provides more of an attacking outlet, is better in possession and on top of that he's captain. He'll play when he's fit again, and rightly so. Hopefully it's this game.

Bates is unfortunate probably our best two players this season have been Toshney and Benedictus or he'd probably slot over to centre back. His time will come - he's a terrific prospect, the best one we have aside from Vaughan.

Cuthbert

Thomson Toshney Benedictus McKeown

Robertson Davidson

Callachan Connolly Longridge

Harry

^^^ McKinnon's side, assuming Thomson is fit. Not sure I like it myself, and I definitely don't like Longridge playing ahead of Anderson and Craigen, but I think it's the current pecking order. Suppose he may throw another surprise and keep Toshney in midfield.

Certainly the midfielder who looked most comfortable in possession on Tuesday night there (almost too much at times). I don't mind that team except that Callachan should drop out for Craigen.

Our biggest problem at the moment, apart from the whole lack of goals thing, is that almost all our midfielders are out of form. Callachan is in desperate need of a rest, Craigen has lost his form completely in recent months, Robertson should try a different profession and Longridge looks pretty uninspiring so far.

We should be giving Anderson and McCord starts at any rate.

Still struggling to see us scoring this weekend so once again all hopes of taking something from this game rest on us battling out a goalless draw.

Archived