Falkirk v Raith

How come game after game no one is slating our "hoofball" style of play.

We see glimpse's of ball on the deck passing football but not often enough.

When we try and play football we look so much better and create chances.

All too often the lump up the park comes straight back again.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BBC highlights a bit clearer than earlier posted highlights and show that the 1st equaliser was a fluke but never a foul.

Vaulks mistimes his jump and is caught under the ball which is why the clearance goes nowhere, contact from Bates if any is minimal.... a bit like McCrackens goal a few mins later where one Raith defender (infront) is put off jumping and the other (comes from behind) helps deflect the ball home (though I strongly suspect it would have found the net anyway).

I think Vaulks knew he'd made a James Hunt of it and tried to cover his arse looking for a foul, with thinking like that lad will go far...Ibrox perhaps?

Two defensive errors, end of.

BBC highlights a bit clearer than earlier posted highlights and show that the 1st equaliser was a fluke but never a foul.

Vaulks mistimes his jump and is caught under the ball which is why the clearance goes nowhere, contact from Bates if any is minimal.... a bit like McCrackens goal a few mins later where one Raith defender (infront) is put off jumping and the other (comes from behind) helps deflect the ball home (though I strongly suspect it would have found the net anyway).

I think Vaulks knew he'd made a James Hunt of it and tried to cover his arse looking for a foul, with thinking like that lad will go far...Ibrox perhaps?

Two defensive errors, end of.

I was sitting right behind it, Vaulks was pushed in the back.

Those highlights at least clear up that Stewart was onside. Still looks like it'd be a soft foul on Vaulks for the first goal, very little in it - we had an equaliser robbed from us against Rangers for a soft foul though so from our point of view we were due one.

I thought we were pretty unlucky no to win the game. Clear foul on Vaulks just beforehand and then a pretty flukey finish for Raith's first goal. I thought we were the better team by a good distance for an hour, a few mistakes crept in and suddenly we were level with Raith in the ascendancy. Going by the highlights I'd say our second was an OG and Stewart was a yard offside for Raith's second (was hard to see at the time from SS). Those are the breaks though, it was our own fault for conceding, giving the ball away in the middle of the park so cheaply.

All the officials were pretty clueless tbh with the main stand linesman in particular making some bizarre decisions. Within the space of 10 seconds he managed to award us a corner and Raith a goal kick - both wrong. I'm sure he missed the ball being out by a good two yards as well at one point.

McGrandles really doesn't look like he's progressed as a player since he left, which is a shame. I don't know if it's just a confidence thing as he tends to do better in the games he starts. I thought Alston and Kerr played well and after two good performances in the middle, Sibbald was stuck back out on the left.

Hippolyte looked decent when he came on and it looks like Houston intends to play him as an attacking player/striker which is a good thing. I thought we didn't really miss Grant as Watson and McCracken dealt with the Raith forwards pretty comfortably.

Not sure if Benedictus was due his red as I didn't have a great view of it and the highlights don't really clear it up. Looks like he might have gone in with two feet though, so can see why he was sent off.

Overall pretty disappointing because we could have at least closed up 2 points on Sevco and Hibs.

Att: 3,956 (353 away)

I thought it looked pretty clear that Stewart timed his run perfectly. Ah well.

I was bang in line at the game and he looked well off. That is confirmed to me by FFCTV's highlights.

Having said that I still think RR were worth their point

I was bang in line at the game and he looked well off. That is confirmed to me by FFCTV's highlights.

Having said that I still think RR were worth their point

Going by the BBC highlights I think he looked nearly level, just, maybe? I couldn't get the screen to freeze exactly as the ball was played but just marginally before and he looked just about level. I suppose he may be offside as the ball is played but, if he was, it was a bawhair.

The attacker's supposed to get the benefit of the doubt and I think that's what happened here. Probably one of the few decisions the useless gets got right!!

Archived