Falkirk v Raith

This is where you're inside voice should have told you not to post.

Falkirk were taking a hammering by this time, Benedictus was foolish, his second red at TFS in a season, however, if Hippolyte hadn't butchered Thomson and put us down to nine men we could have got a result.

Still, it's hardly a given we would have scored. We're not exactly clinical in front of goal.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still, it's hardly a given we would have scored. We're not exactly clinical in front of goal.

Admittedly I wasn't at the match, but considering Benedictus was red carded with seven minutes to go I'm struggling to understand all these comments that he cost us the match. It's hardly a given that we would have scored in the time remaining.

......................and repeat.

Here's a good question. How many teams have went to TFS this season and scored 2 goals or more in a single match? The only one that comes to mind was Rory McAllister's rout.

We get a good result. We score a couple of good goals. You're still on here saying we're still not scoring much, like we should be scoring 5 or 6 away to Falkirk. Here's a thought, go and watch Bayern Munich. You might be a bit happier then.

Here's a good question. How many teams have went to TFS this season and scored 2 goals or more in a single match? The only one that comes to mind was Rory McAllister's rout.

We get a good result. We score a couple of good goals. You're still on here saying we're still not scoring much, like we should be scoring 5 or 6 away to Falkirk. Here's a thought, go and watch Bayern Munich. You might be a bit happier then.

What I'm saying is that despite scoring two goals today we were hardly racing certainties to get another in the final seven minutes of the game.

Watching Bayern Munich would be a bit impractical, but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Big shout to Cuthbert for the save from the header from Alston at the back post, looked a stick on goal. His save keeps us in it at that point. Really hoping he signs on for us next season, he's been good this year, steady as they come.

Those shorts he had on today also look a lot like black under shorts with yellow hot pants on top.

Agree on Cuthbert. Was a certain goal he saved. I think the fact that no one is even mentioning Dave McGurn these days shows what a great keeper Cuthbert has been for us

Poor with crossed balls, tho that's the most pin pointed area towards a keepers frailties. I thot it was a McCracken header he pulled of the save of the game to, he also had a few one on one wins too.

A decent commanding aerial defence tho can combat a keeper being poor at crossed balls, Allan Ferguson was ropey but we had Kevin James. I'm not fully convinced its a skill for a keeper to be outstanding at crossed balls, tho height helps.

A grip on midfield and Mark Stewart making runs behind, I think was raiths key to getting the upper hand. We still had numerous chances to make it 3-1

Thought Raith were worth their point. For a 20 minute spell before the guy got sent off they were the best team I had seen at TFS this season.

However the game should have been out of sight first half. Had Raith not scored that fluke it would probably have been.

Second goal was offside too. Was I line at the game and thought so and watched the highlights which confirmed it.

Connelly and the number 11 were good and Mark Stewart's pace is always a threat.

Raith are a big physical outfit now and certainly put it about.

McCracken and Watson have played 3 times together this season.

Lost 5 v Peterhead, 3 at Dens Park and 2 today. That will be the last of that please.

Anyway for Raith to have any hope of catching us they needed to win. Frustrating for us the two in front of us dropped points.

Thought Raith were worth their point. For a 20 minute spell before the guy got sent off they were the best team I had seen at TFS this season.

However the game should have been out of sight first half. Had Raith not scored that fluke it would probably have been.

Second goal was offside too. Was I line at the game and thought so and watched the highlights which confirmed it.

Connelly and the number 11 were good and Mark Stewart's pace is always a threat.

Raith are a big physical outfit now and certainly put it about.

McCracken and Watson have played 3 times together this season.

Lost 5 v Peterhead, 3 at Dens Park and 2 today. That will be the last of that please.

Anyway for Raith to have any hope of catching us they needed to win. Frustrating for us the two in front of us dropped points.

We had no intentions of trying to claw back, 18 points is it? We're going for fourth spot and if we continue to play like the second half, then I think we have a decent chance of it. We need to start getting wins though starting with our next 2 home games against Livi and Morton.

Actually meant "challenge" but I can't type with this phone :lol: Red face for me.

Still, good point. We would have won the game had we not went down to ten but alas.

Does Houston rage over every 50-50 challenge?? Unreal.

I am not sure you would have won. When Houston brought on Taiwo Falkirk had steadied the ship. I thought a draw was fair.

I am not sure you would have won. When Houston brought on Taiwo Falkirk had steadied the ship. I thought a draw was fair.

What confused me yesterday was Kerr and Baird being subbed? Baird usually gets a goal against us so would have kept him on. And Kerr, I thought was your best player by a country mile. He was absolutely everywhere.

What confused me yesterday was Kerr and Baird being subbed? Baird usually gets a goal against us so would have kept him on. And Kerr, I thought was your best player by a country mile. He was absolutely everywhere.

I actually thought it helped when Kerr came off. He was good for an hour but fell right out the game.

We had no intentions of trying to claw back, 18 points is it? We're going for fourth spot and if we continue to play like the second half, then I think we have a decent chance of it. We need to start getting wins though starting with our next 2 home games against Livi and Morton.

Connelly was the best player on the park yesterday

And if we play like our previous 11 games we have no chance

I reckon the results from three out of our next four games will give us a better idea if we,ll be vying for 4 th spot

Disappointing to lose the chance to claw back some points on the top two especially as we shouldve been out of sight by the time the first hour was up. So frustrating when the opposition make changes which give them the upper hand and yet Houston waits till Raith equalise before bringing the subs on. Vaulks and muirhead both had shockers today as did the officials who were completely baffling for the full 90 odd minutes. Im not sure beaton even understands the rules. A foul throw results in the other team getting the throw in and not the defender getting another go at it. And as for the shambles with Thomson at the end it beggared belief.

Disappointing to lose the chance to claw back some points on the top two especially as we shouldve been out of sight by the time the first hour was up. So frustrating when the opposition make changes which give them the upper hand and yet Houston waits till Raith equalise before bringing the subs on. Vaulks and muirhead both had shockers today as did the officials who were completely baffling for the full 90 odd minutes. Im not sure beaton even understands the rules. A foul throw results in the other team getting the throw in and not the defender getting another go at it. And as for the shambles with Thomson at the end it beggared belief.

Some of the time the ref wasn't even signalling what he was giving, was pissing me right off.

I shat out going yesterday because of the snow. But having watched the highlights, and albeit the angle isn't the greatest but Bene's red seems a bit harsh, I'd definitely say a yellow for it because he lunged in but not a red. Fellow Rovers fans is it the highlights that's deceiving me or was it a fair red?

Good to hear/see Stewart playing on the shoulder, and he took his goal well. Shocking defending on our half for both Falkirk goals though.

Archived