Falkirk v Raith

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually meant "challenge" but I can't type with this phone :lol: Red face for me.

Still, good point. We would have won the game had we not went down to ten but alas.

Does Houston rage over every 50-50 challenge?? Unreal.

Don't think anybody thought we were 'charging' towards the title. Not even you. One of the worst we've played this season though and you still haven't managed a win against us though.

Two games out of the three we've had a defender sent off due to his own recklessness.

A good result for us all things considered. While we're out of 4th place, the players will be lifted.

How did Panayiotou do?

Didn't waste a pass all game. Very composed and strong on the ball. Didn't show much of a goal threat, but can see him getting some joy against lower teams.

Baird was fucking honking today, and we handled the guy Sibbald well enough.

I'm interested to see our first goal again. The ball looked like it was barely moving by the time it reached the goal. What happened?

It's easy to say when you're not at the game but the lad who does the updates thought Bates had scored. Some mix-up to confuse a 6ft 3 ginger lad with Craigen. Made me laugh.

I think he posts on here. Sorry mate but eyesight is definitely not your forte!

Red faces all round for the Raith back room staff for being entirely inadequate when trying to get that boy back on the pitch.

Red faces for Falkirk because only St Mirren have been poorer visitors.

Biggest red face goes to Cuthbert who took on, and failed, to get the better of our ball boy at the end.

Poor result for us though.

If Hippolyte hadn't banjoed Thomson we wouldn't have been in the situation, probably because he was off the park it saved Falkirk from losing a late goal.

Falkirk in no danger here. They have run of our box, and our central midfield is posted missing.

our centre mid went missing 60mins onwards

We had enuf chances to win this before we switched off but didnt.....

We got 60 mins out of a fair amount of our players today and strange subs, we sign a wide midfielder and play him up top, pre the Raith goal, there was plenty of spaces behind Raith's defence which wouldve suited O'Hara as it never got going for Baird at all today.....

Miller was my MOM today, was all over the place digging in to help, Sibbs wouldve got it if the game lasted 60mins.

A real lack of urgency with us at times tho, especially in the final minutes having corners and free kicks and no one there to take them, we have options on the sidelines, so hopefully this is addressed

Hippolyte - Dirty b*****d! Broke Thomson's nose, 10 mins after coming back with a broken bone in his back..

Brilliant second half performance from us. Extremely unlucky not to win the game. Stewart should have had a penalty as well..

Defence was poor until Thomson came on to inject some life into them. Midfield were posted missing for the first 60 minutes but when Longridge came on, the midfield started playing some decent football( apart from Callachan). Harry and Stewart had decent enough games, the latter caused the Falkirk defence all sorts of problems in the second half, and like i said should have had at least 1 penalty of the 3 shouts.

It showed how much of a dirty team Falkirk are when we have 2 players that needed to change tops and shorts because of blood.

If Bene hadn't been sent off, we were winning that game, we might have still won it if it hadn't been for Hypolytes malicious tackle/kick on Thomson which reduced us to 9 men..

Was a definite Red card as well, 2 footed, studs up challenge. I actually said at half time(jokingly though, I admit) that I would bring Thomson on for Bene as Bene's just a red card waiting to happen, I got laughed at.

Anyway brilliant point and on to next week with Robertson and Matthews as our 2 CB's :lol:

Admittedly I wasn't at the match, but considering Benedictus was red carded with seven minutes to go I'm struggling to understand all these comments that he cost us the match. It's hardly a given that we would have scored in the time remaining.

Admittedly I wasn't at the match, but considering Benedictus was red carded with seven minutes to go I'm struggling to understand all these comments that he cost us the match. It's hardly a given that we would have scored in the time remaining.

This is where you're inside voice should have told you not to post.

Falkirk were taking a hammering by this time, Benedictus was foolish, his second red at TFS in a season, however, if Hippolyte hadn't butchered Thomson and put us down to nine men we could have got a result.

Archived