The 2016 Scottish League Cup Final Thread (Ross County v Hibernian)

Lyle Lanley

One of the most memorable days I will ever have and (for me) I have been spoilt by this club and what they have achieved over the years that I have been lucky enough to be watching them.

All this debate about the game, in time all that will be remembered is that County won the game 2-1, it is our name that will be engraved on the trophy.

I have watched it back on TV and have to agree; McIntyre got his tactics spot on and Hibs did not deal with it; changing to a back 3 was a brave but correct decision.

Atmosphere was decent also; one of the most disappointing things about 2010 for me (more than the result) was how flat and boring it was in the County end - it was different this time and even though I was not that close to the singing section there was still plenty of noise about me. Always love to hear a big support singing loud too and fair play to Hibs fans there was a couple of times in the game when the noise was deafening.

After watching this game though I have updated your Super John McGinn song - barely saw him.

We've got Irvine, Jackson Irvine

I just don't think you understand

Coz if you've got Irvine

You don't see McGinn

He's in the pocket of our lad.

and repeat - :thumsup2

A game where after 10 -15 minutes I had a feeling Irvine was going to have a man of the match performance he was outstanding.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the most memorable days I will ever have and (for me) I have been spoilt by this club and what they have achieved over the years that I have been lucky enough to be watching them.

All this debate about the game, in time all that will be remembered is that County won the game 2-1, it is our name that will be engraved on the trophy.

I have watched it back on TV and have to agree; McIntyre got his tactics spot on and Hibs did not deal with it; changing to a back 3 was a brave but correct decision.

Atmosphere was decent also; one of the most disappointing things about 2010 for me (more than the result) was how flat and boring it was in the County end - it was different this time and even though I was not that close to the singing section there was still plenty of noise about me. Always love to hear a big support singing loud too and fair play to Hibs fans there was a couple of times in the game when the noise was deafening.

After watching this game though I have updated your Super John McGinn song - barely saw him.

Coz if you've got Irvine

You don't see McGinn

A game where after 10 -15 minutes I had a feeling Irvine was going to have a man of the match performance he was outstanding.

Shite song. 2/10.

Coz if you've got Irvine

You don't see McGinn

That is truly awful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived