St Mirren v Queenies 6/2/16

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very worst case scenario after the back to back games we are a point in front with a game in hand. Then again from a positive approach we are out of site from the buddies hopefully by 13 points and a game in hand, probably end up as we were with a game in hand tho, ye am bored nothing very interesting coming out of palmerston just now?

In the head to head Saints have 33 league wins, QotS have 21 and there has been 16 draws. We have won 21 of them in Paisley, 6 draws and 7 away wins for Queens.

My favourite one was when we last met in the league in Paisley where Charlie Adam scored a late winner whilst at the same time in Dingwall St Johnstone's keeper scored a last minute equaliser thus creating a 4 point swing and placing one hand on the title.

We have a decent league record against Queens of late, I make it 8 games unbeaten?

They have a good chance of beating us though, we aren't playing well but are a bit more organised than we were previously.

Queens won 5-3 in Paisley in a memorable cup match, think it was a quarter final on the way to winning what is now the Ramsdens Cup back in 2002 over Brechin at Broadwood.

A great game that night that I think was Robbie Neilsons debut or if not one of his first games for us. That steep stand we were housed in behind the goals that night was one of the best stands for viewing football in Scotland.

Queens won 5-3 in Paisley in a memorable cup match, think it was a quarter final on the way to winning what is now the Ramsdens Cup back in 2002 over Brechin at Broadwood.

I wasn't there, but it was the semi-final wasn't it?

I was at the Charlie Adam late winner one though. That was a bit of a sickener.

I wasn't there, but it was the semi-final wasn't it?I was at the Charlie Adam late winner one though. That was a bit of a sickener.

I was at both. The Adam winner one was a lot like this year's defeats at Ibrox and Easter Road in that we defended brilliantly for a point away to a better side for 90 mins only to be undone in injury time.

The semi final was indeed Robbie Neilson's debut but also Paul Shields I think maybe. Certainly one of his first and probably his best for us. He scored two that night.

In the head to head Saints have 33 league wins, QotS have 21 and there has been 16 draws. We have won 21 of them in Paisley, 6 draws and 7 away wins for Queens.

My favourite one was when we last met in the league in Paisley where Charlie Adam scored a late winner whilst at the same time in Dingwall St Johnstone's keeper scored a last minute equaliser thus creating a 4 point swing and placing one hand on the title.

We have a decent league record against Queens of late, I make it 8 games unbeaten?

They have a good chance of beating us though, we aren't playing well but are a bit more organised than we were previously.

I too was at the "Charlie Adam game". It was one of my first time knowingly encountering #scenes at a football match. I'm sure Macpherson and Millen were on the pitch celebrating that goal.

As already stated that stand behind the goals at Love Street was one of the best views in Scottish football, second only to Tynecastle from my experience.

Archived