Football and weather like that!

maurice shavez

Am not for all this summer football talk, but what enjoyment is there playing or watching a game in that?

Sometimes you have to put your hand up and say This is no what football is all about!

Signs of weakening there Maurice?

The uncertainty of fixtures since November ( over 400 fixtures lost ) is bound to have many 'no to summer football' like yourself becoming converts to common sense. The 60 + junior fans certainly are deserting the game in these months of rain, sleet frost hailstones and gales. The added attraction of sitting at home with a few cans in comfort is the alternative to all the weather hazards.

An east region mate told me his teams run to R5 has cost his club around two grand so far. With restrictive bus costs % to SJFA and the players 'yellow/red card' fines fans sitting at home, the Scottish has become a dead loss. If you are waiting for guidance from the hierarchy forget it. It doesn't cost them any cash.

so you're in favour of neither summer or winter football then?

Am talking about heavy parks,cold temps and very strong winds.

When was the last time you heard someone say that wind made it a better game to watch!.....never.

P.s. the wind blows every month of the year.

Signs of weakening there Maurice?

The uncertainty of fixtures since November ( over 400 fixtures lost ) is bound to have many 'no to summer football' like yourself becoming converts to common sense. The 60 + junior fans certainly are deserting the game in these months of rain, sleet frost hailstones and gales. The added attraction of sitting at home with a few cans in comfort is the alternative to all the weather hazards.

An east region mate told me his teams run to R5 has cost his club around two grand so far. With restrictive bus costs % to SJFA and the players 'yellow/red card' fines fans sitting at home, the Scottish has become a dead loss. If you are waiting for guidance from the hierarchy forget it. It doesn't cost them any cash.

Summer football?

Nobody has mentioned days away with family's etc when the weather is good.weekends away,a visit to the capital,zoo,safari park just out a run in the good weather.all full days out as compered to a couple of hours at the game.I would say there are more reasons for people not to be at a game in the summer months.you know it makes sense.

Summer football? Nobody has mentioned days away with family's etc when the weather is good.weekends away,a visit to the capital,zoo,safari park just out a run in the good weather.all full days out as compered to a couple of hours at the game.I would say there are more reasons for people not to be at a game in the summer months.you know it makes sense.

Are there two Maurice shavezs? One who seems to be all for it and another who doesn't? Tbf you've not said you're for summer fitba, just that your not for winter fitba. Sure we can for it in somewhere that doesn't include either...

This isn't about summer or winter football it's about enjoying the game.how many times have you saw a player kick the ball up the park only for the wind to blow it back again! Fling in some hail and snow just for the fun of it.

Today is not a day for football,it's only my opinion on today's weather.

It's one of those days you turn to your friends at the game and say we are no right out here watching this.we have all been there.

This isn't about summer or winter football it's about enjoying the game.how many times have you saw a player kick the ball up the park only for the wind to blow it back again! Fling in some hail and snow just for the fun of it.Today is not a day for football,it's only my opinion on today's weather.It's one of those days you turn to your friends at the game and say we are no right out here watching this.we have all been there.

I know we live in scotland and this may be going out on a limb- but it doesn't snow in the summer, so surely that then becomes the only way to ensure but having to watch a game in snow?

Why don't they just make a massive covering that gets pulled over the park manually and when it's locked in they can turn the heating on for winter and obviously the rain runs off it, the gameisonner' they'd call it, dragons den here I come

I'm sure Leicester City had something like this at Filbert Street in the 1970s

uote name="lolfooty" post="10149289" timestamp="1454166509"]

Why don't they just make a massive covering that gets pulled over the park manually and when it's locked in they can turn the heating on for winter and obviously the rain runs off it, the gameisonner' they'd call it, dragons den here I come

Friday night football when daylight permits it, spring summer and autumn is the way forward leaving saturdays/sundays for whatever takes your fancy. The amount of matches lost and outdoor training facilities paid for and lost, plus players wages having to be paid, cancelling buses etc, etc will put more clubs under severe financial pressure, very difficult to get the punters back in the gate once you lose them for 3/4 weeks, so come on SJFA, put yourselves into some club position and think how you, as elected officials can keep our game healthy, as lets be honest the professional game is no great distraction, lets get our house in order and we can compete and attract the fans to junior matches instead of paying silly money to watch so called senior football

There's these not so modern day inventions that you can purchase in shops these days called wooly hats and nice big warm jackets that can provide you warmth in the elements.

Man up and get out there and support your team regardless of the winter elements.

We are a nation of whingers and if we had summer football then there would be chin dribblers moaning about it being too warm to play in that temperature.

There's these not so modern day inventions that you can purchase in shops these days called wooly hats and nice big warm jackets that can provide you warmth in the elements.

Man up and get out there and support your team regardless of the winter elements.

We are a nation of whingers and if we had summer football then there would be chin dribblers moaning about it being too warm to play in that temperature.

Yep. Just get on with it. Thoroughly enjoyed our last 2 games. Shettleston away and Tayport at home. Wet and freezing. Been at it for 25+ seasons or so, never once have I moaned about it cos I know that come December and January the hat scarf and gloves need looked out from the cupboard.

Yep. Just get on with it. Thoroughly enjoyed our last 2 games. Shettleston away and Tayport at home. Wet and freezing. Been at it for 25+ seasons or so, never once have I moaned about it cos I know that come December and January the hat scarf and gloves need looked out from the cupboard.

pish ace heard you moan ????. Can't hold yer beer it's too cold

Archived