JK Rowling meltdown

Crùbag

Well if he is discovered to be the troll, his reputation and ultimately his career would be in tatters.

As for the missing £30k, I doubt McGarry would have been daft enough to lift it. A lot of the accountancy for a lot of organisations on both sides and I include BT, had is what is best described as a biscuit tin mentality to their accounting.

I've just finished reading Project Fear and if it is true, BT nearly went bust, never had anyone doing the accounting and had to go begging for money on quite a few occasions. I can see Wifies for Indy being as chaotic...

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rowling was threatening action of some kind. Which is code for 'I will see you in court'.

You think she will sue? I'd fucking love to see that. And what is her case?

She's gone a bit mad. Been mingling with Rangers fans, now she's "suing" folk.

Yeah, I think we would all love to see her take it to court, I don't think it will happen now.

If she did decide to go down that route, something would have happened by now, it hasn't, the world keeps turning and I'm sure she will find something else to be offended at.

Sometimes, trolls hide under bridges made of lawyers....

The only thing about Rowling that gets me actually boiling with rage, is nothing to do with Scotland or politics.

It's the periodic "JK Rowling shut down x in the best possible way" type headlines, usually involving her referencing Harry Potter in a passive aggressive tweet at somebody. Absolute fucking boak.

Yeah, I think we would all love to see her take it to court, I don't think it will happen now.

If she did decide to go down that route, something would have happened by now, it hasn't, the world keeps turning and I'm sure she will find something else to be offended at.

Sometimes, trolls hide under bridges made of lawyers....

Yeah, they get on my nerves for the reasons you state. The headlines aren't really her fault though. It's just awful, lazy journalism. The fact that what celebrities write on twitter now seems to warrant column inches, no matter the content of the tweet is something I can't stand.

Genuine question here; what is it that's so bad about this Brian Spanner character? I didn't follow him on twitter until yesterday when I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Mostly what I could see was crap photoshopped pictures of his avatar, and some pictures of vegetables that looked like penises.

Yeah, they get on my nerves for the reasons you state. The headlines aren't really her fault though. It's just awful, lazy journalism. The fact that what celebrities write on twitter now seems to warrant column inches, no matter the content of the tweet is something I can't stand.

Genuine question here; what is it that's so bad about this Brian Spanner character? I didn't follow him on twitter until yesterday when I wanted to see what all the fuss was about. Mostly what I could see was crap photoshopped pictures of his avatar, and some pictures of vegetables that looked like penises.

Wings has a list of his tweets, I am coming off a night shift and have just popped a Tramadol so I hope you excuse me for not providing a better answer. In 40 minutes, I won't be able to tell you if it's new year or New York.....

If she did decide to go down that route, something would have happened by now,

Would never happen. It's the threat of a madman, and mad thing to say.

It's hypocrisy. Jakey greets about abuse, but LOVES right-wing trolls.

Wings has a list of his tweets, I am coming off a night shift and have just popped a Tramadol so I hope you excuse me for not providing a better answer. In 40 minutes, I won't be able to tell you if it's new year or New York.....

Haha. Lucky you.

Hold on though, is Wings Over Scotland, having a go at this guy for internet abuse? Jesus wept.

Wings is having a go at Rowling for trolling then playing the victim card and then threatening with lawyers. That's how I see it anyway. He freely admits he gives abuse at times. Mcgarry was foolish to get involved though.

:lol: I knew the name Natalie McGarry rang a bell for some reason, but couldn't remember why. Was that wee business all sorted out?

I take it we all heard that BT were fined for 50k being missing from their accounts. Not late or misfiled like Yes, but not there. Nobody should mind scrutiny, it's the double standard.

For JK Rowling, I had never heard of Brain Spanner and I don't find his tweets offensive but you can't get you;re knickers in a twist over wings if you retweet a gut whose most tweeted word is c**t.

Boyle as usual put it best.

Archived