JK Rowling meltdown

Crùbag

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact I am on a politics forum conversing with people who are 95% nationalists kind of disputes that. Try and think before you type.

There is no doubt you are blinkered. Your little diatribe wailed:

"A significant proportion of posters on here have made up their minds that they are nationalists probably based upon perceptions of grievance,simplistic black and white outlook on life and football culture and then seek to reinforce their opinions by only exposing themselves to articles and others who share their opinions. It colours every aspect of their outlook and identity.

As some one above said-the similarities with fundamentalist old firm supporters (who they protest they despise) are uncanny."

That, to me, shows either a wilful ignorance of the facts or intentional misdirection. I don't know of any "nationalists" on here that have made up their minds on a simplistic black and white outlook on life. A vast, vast majority of indy supporters are well read and have assessed all the facts. Your average unionist tends to repeat headlines from the MSM, on the other hand.

A significant proportion of posters on here have made up their minds that they are nationalists probably based upon perceptions of grievance,simplistic black and white outlook on life and football culture and then seek to reinforce their opinions by only exposing themselves to articles and others who share their opinions. It colours every aspect of their outlook and identity.

As some one above said-the similarities with fundamentalist old firm supporters (who they protest they despise) are uncanny.

Good summary, explains why quite a few English inhabitants of my village are staunch SNP supporters.

Perhaps they post on P&B.

Lazy ,lazy, generalisation to suit your political view.

Do all Unionist supporters wear bowler hats ?

The fact I am on a politics forum conversing with people who are 95% nationalists kind of disputes that. Try and think before you type.

I often wonder if people who are really, really into Scottish politics (on both sides) and also like Scottish football ever see the similarities between themselves and Old Firm fans.

I highly doubt it to be honest.

Today's topic: do STDs affect comprehension? Discuss.

Are the other 5% British nationalists - the kind of nationalism the national flag in your avatar implies you favour?

Anyway, it looks like it's dying a death now.

Michelle Mone will be manufacturing the next 'Cybernat' crisis in about a fortnight.

Set yer watches for it.

Do you think she'll be able to from Bermuda, or whatever tax haven it is, that she is going to?

Are the other 5% British nationalists - the kind of nationalism the national flag in your avatar implies you favour?

I figured he meant that 95% of every P&Ber was nationalist. Silly me.

Would we get to choose what the other 5% of ourselves would be?

I suggest you keep on with you "middle class tax cuts and inability to redistribute wealth" narrative. It's working SO WELL for Slab.

The reason it does not and wont work is because people dont care what the SNP do in goverment as long as they get indy from them.

After this may's election i expect many of these so called SNP supporters to be claiming they now have that right to another vote,which of course we all know wont be the case.

:lol: I've missed KevtheDee's barely comprehensible contributions to debate here... but WTF does this mean? Is the May election the election to end all elections? Why shouldn't anyone get another vote afterwards?

Anyway, the Rowling thing drags on and I suspect it will be dragged up again in future. it will haunt her until she apologies for the Spanner connection, for threatening McGarry and severs her public links with him. I certainly wouldn't want my kids finding his perverted tweets.

Wings, who I haven't read in ages, is actually on top form today:

http://wingsoverscotland.com/jk-rowling-is-a-litigious-bully/

And the more reasonable Bateman provides maybe the best response so far, and one that many will sympathise with:

http://derekbateman.co.uk/2016/02/01/author-author/

I was in Waterstone’s on Sauchiehall Street for a coffee and on the stairs they have a display of Potter material. I went to pick up a colouring book (the girls are into the colouring-in craze) and hesitated. What went through my mind wasn’t Harry, wizards or JK but Brian Spanner. I was quite shocked at myself. But I have been so revolted by language of pr**ks, c**ts, female genital mutilation, diarrheoa and other stomach-churning chunder that it is what first came to mind.

You know the other weird thing? As I’ve been writing, I was very conscious of the threat of legal action. On a blog. In a free country. I’ve never experienced that before since I started blogging. And it feels uncomfortable.

You've got to laugh when Brit Nats accuse those of us who support independence of being unthinking/cult like. All many of us want is for the people of Scotland to be able to elect a Government of our choosing. It is you Brit Nats who use religious like contorting and twisting of logic and reason to explain why Scotland is too wee/poor/stupid to do the same as every other nation in the world. Keep sticking your fingers in your ears and chanting your mantra 'Broad shoulders! Safety! Security! Shared identity' which can be easily deconstructed by a five year old.

Then you've got your Satan like hate figures, 'WE PURE HATE THAT ALEC SALMON!'

As someone has already said, many of us were not nationalists to begin with and have arrived at our conclusion on the basis of objective consideration of a lot of evidence.

You make a good point. Surely people who question the status quo are less likely to be brainwashed than people who absolutely abjure questioning or criticism of the beliefs with which they were raised.

For me, I would have never dreamed of questioning Scotland's constitutional status until the referendum campaign. Now that unthinking acceptance of Scotland as a minor part of the British state (and no more, because UKOK!!!!) is what seems to have been indoctrination based primarily on inertia. Scottish independence was always portrayed (on the rare occasions it was portrayed) as a silly romantic fantasy of the past. The status quo was simply something one never seriously questioned.

I assume no one outraged by Spanner follows the transphobic disgrace Campbell on Twitter, or endorses and reproduces his views in any medium, including McGarry.

Otherwise they d look very silly.

I'm sure they don't though.

Spanner's a fanny. Rowling is the hypocrit, that's the fucking point.

Can't we just agree they're both c***s? Does everything have to have a right and wrong side? :P

No. It doesn't.

Rowling seems like a pretty stupid woman, writing success notwithstanding. That she follows right wing cretin blogs is again no surprise.

McGarry is stupider still, as well as being a till fingerer.

Her initial premise was a ridiculous one. That thanking someone for making a charitable donation means you endorse all of their tweets and beliefs.

As I've indicated this is a particularly dumb stance for someone like McGarry and other purse clutching SNP types to adopt, given what a complete and utter unreconstructed w****r and transphobe Wings over Scotland is.

The fact the scumbag s blog has actually been linked to on this thread (apparently in a non ironic fashion,) is hilarious.

If you follow Campbell on Twitter or read his blog, are you endorsing all of his views? Yes or No?

I think it has been done to death on here that most of the yes posters think Campbell is an arse.

The Britnats only seem to mention him though when one of their own is acting like an arse.

Archived