Blue Brazil v The Loons 30th Jan 2016

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thought the decision to give Forfar penalty which lead to second booking and red for Gibbons was turning point in game. For me they were both holding and I thought to give penalty and second booking was very harsh

The pair of them were at it a couple of minutes before at a previous corner. With these things it all depends at what time the ref happens to look at them to see who's currently the worst.

On reflection not sure why it's a booking. It can be classed as unsporting like any foul and therefore cautionable but even if ToB doesn't go down he's got his back to goal and a lot of work to do to even get a shot off. For me if he's not booking the Forfar boy at our pen or for the first time Deano was taken out I don't see how that can be justified as a booking at the time.

I know Cowden were absolute horse, but I must say I'm disappointed we didn't try and get Ryan. Looks a very handy player from that.

Pat Scullion getting done by Stevie Craig :lol:

Steven Craig always scores against us done it a few times when at Thistle.

Highlights made pleasant viewing. However, 5 minutes and 56 seconds in (during the players' celebrations for Loons 3rd goal) a local in the crowd simply roars, "MINCE!" Magic stuff.

Likewise the 8:00 meltdown scream of "Nish! Resign ya b@st@rd"

thought the decision to give Forfar penalty which lead to second booking and red for Gibbons was turning point in game. For me they were both holding and I thought to give penalty and second booking was very harsh

Definitely. We were comfortable at that point, and without question that moment determined where the points would end up. Thought both were at it, and why the ref showed a yellow and not later in the game when on two occasions Spence was hauled back which were far more blatant than the spot kick incident.

Archived