Blue Brazil v The Loons 30th Jan 2016

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bizarre how Cowden seem to have turned absolutely toilet, at the turn of the year I watched them against Ayr and ourselves and they were outstanding against Ayr and competed well against us. Murdoch and Smith leaving has hit them like a train.

Murdoch and Smith have basically been replaced in the team with Caldwell and Chris Kane. 1 is a virtual spectator who brings nothing to the game, the other tries to get involved but has no capability to influence a game positively.

Add in pat scullion and Craig Johnstone and we have 4 players who are not good enough to play senior football full stop.

We were dreadful that said up until the red card & resultant penalty I thought we were starting to take control. Once level & down to 10 men only one winner & Forfar deserved winners as we only seemed to offer long ball option to Spence expecting him to work miracles on his own. I must admit concerns over discipline & overall McDaid lucky to finish the game. Substitutions for me I could understand taking Caldwell off but not why to try & go like for like with CJ, equally Hughes for Kane didn't see what that would achieve. In my opinion Change McDaid with Yaqub as at risk of being sent off & fresh legs. Replace Caldwell with a midfielder go 3-5-1 or more likely 3-4-1-1 with to support Spence.Only my thoughts in any event in a tight spot and we all need to get behind the team over the rest of the season.

For me, McDaid is a waste of a shirt. If he's not getting in behind defenders and delivering balls into the box, which quite frankly he seems incapable of doing, then he contributes zero to the team. No idea why he wasn't subbed at half time.

Aye , that's why I'm getting carried away. Last 3 or 4 times we have played against 10 men , we have monumentally fucked it up

Can't remember when we last played against 10 men. Our disciplinary record has been brutal this season and we've had more red cards than I can remember. 7 or 8 maybe. Think in all those games only Peterhead failed to win but god knows how they messed that up.

Archived