Ayr United vs Stenny

A very difficult fixture for us. At Somerset park, a ground I personally have yet to see us win at either. Sadly won't be in attendance at this fixture due to family commitments.

I'd love to say we could pluck a draw from this but I feel we may be on the receiving end of a 2/3 deficit if we play like we did last time we were there.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3-1 win for ayr I think. The last home game against them we scored five if I remember correctly. I would be really surprised if we didnt win, no disrespect to stenny.

Anyone know if any of our injured players will be back for saturday? Would love to see a midfield of doc and Adams with stevo just infront.

We need to get a good run going again in order to catch the pars. Would be good to see the pars drop points on Friday although I doubt it.

And stenny fans... Hows Jason Scotland been playing? Has he had a big effect or just an old has been. Weve had a couple of them at Somerset in recent seasons

3-1 win for ayr I think. The last home game against them we scored five if I remember correctly. I would be really surprised if we didnt win, no disrespect to stenny.

Anyone know if any of our injured players will be back for saturday? Would love to see a midfield of doc and Adams with stevo just infront.

We need to get a good run going again in order to catch the pars. Would be good to see the pars drop points on Friday although I doubt it.

And stenny fans... Hows Jason Scotland been playing? Has he had a big effect or just an old has been. Weve had a couple of them at Somerset in recent seasons

Scotland has only played 2 minutes in the last month and is currently injured. This is my 5th time down at Somerset and the results have been 3-2, 3-2, 0-0 and 2-5. In the 5-2 loss, we were awful. Malcolm and Barclay didn't talk at all and that made Barclay score an own goal. Since then we have been a bit better defensively and in attack not so much. Only 3 goals in our last 5 games doesn't help much. On the other hand, Ayr have been a hit or miss team recently as their form has fluctuated. You'll win then lose then win then lose and so on.

Personally, I think we can get 3 points but we need to control the game and stop ayr from attacking.

Our form recently has been very inconsistent. If we can get attacking straight away we can cause a lot of problems however we need to take our chances when they come.

At the back we still seem to let in the occasional stupid goal. Hopefully gerry is back on Saturday.

Agreed that in the 5-2 game stenny seemed very poor. Quite slack defensively but that seems to have been rectified since. We did however also give away two goals in that game.

I think stenny could cause problems in attack but depends if their strikers turn up or not.

I would keep the same team as Saturdat, even if players like Doc or Adams are back. Keep them on the bench and bring them back gradually, let's not rush them, the midfield done well at Albion and I have every faith in Stevo and Wardrope to do the job again. We could end up with a bench of Newman, Muir, McLauchlan, Gilmour, Docherty, Adams, McKenzie. 3 of the best centre mids in the league on the bench!

Going for 4-1 (no idea why) with Preston, Moore, Forrest and Trouten grabbing the goals.

How have Ayr been doing lately? I know you had a wee sticky spell around Christmas but has it improved?

Should we expect 4 derbies in the Championship next year?

5 of our first 11 were injured, 3 being our main midfielders so we went through a blip, but we're starting to get back on track. I fancy us to go up either via the play offs of possibly as champions, you never know. Peterhead will be there or there abouts too with us and the Pars.

How have Ayr been doing lately? I know you had a wee sticky spell around Christmas but has it improved?

Should we expect 4 derbies in the Championship next year?

Surely next season is the one, surely. We'll be doing our best to do our bit, and it looks as if you lot are doing the same.

4 derbies sound very nice to me, and probably to both chairmen also.

We didn't play that badly in the 5-2 game we just absolutely killed ourselves with stupid mistakes from Barclay, Malky and Henderson. None of them will play on Saturday and we will be all the better for it.

No getting away from the fact Ayr are a very handy side but I can see a draw or a narrow defeat.

I would keep the same team as Saturdat, even if players like Doc or Adams are back. Keep them on the bench and bring them back gradually, let's not rush them, the midfield done well at Albion and I have every faith in Stevo and Wardrope to do the job again. We could end up with a bench of Newman, Muir, McLauchlan, Gilmour, Docherty, Adams, McKenzie. 3 of the best centre mids in the league on the bench!

Going for 4-1 (no idea why) with Preston, Moore, Forrest and Trouten grabbing the goals.

Agree with this way of thinking

Us playing on Friday adds an extra dimension. Weather could make our game a bit of a lottery.

Can see us another 2 points closer Saturday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Archived