Scotrail

ScottR96

Scotrail had a bit of a mare last night on Twitter after they posted this...

One person replied saying they are often met with a queue of several people buying tickets at the station and asked what Scotrail were going to do to improve things? They received a very terse response, now deleted, telling them to "turn up earlier" :lol: 

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

Scotrail had a bit of a mare last night on Twitter after they posted this...

One person replied saying they are often met with a queue of several people buying tickets at the station and asked what Scotrail were going to do to improve things? They received a very terse response, now deleted, telling them to "turn up earlier" :lol: 

Old Frim Facts captured it...

f**k knows, the twitter guy's got the patience of a saint.

Yup. The only time I’ve ever tweeted a train company was when Virgin cancelled the London to Inverness train at Edinburgh but neglected to tell anyone at the station about it. I can only imagine the crap people tweet to Scotrail.

Generally the people who tweet them are angry about a perceived slight, or wanting a free upgrade for taking a photo of their kid onboard.

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Yup. The only time I’ve ever tweeted a train company was when Virgin cancelled the London to Inverness train at Edinburgh but neglected to tell anyone at the station about it. I can only imagine the crap people tweet to Scotrail.

Generally the people who tweet them are angry about a perceived slight, or wanting a free upgrade for taking a photo of their kid onboard.

I remember when we had the snow a couple of years back that stopped the entire network. People would still tweet “Does that effect the 8.24 Airdrie to Belgrove??? How am a ment tae get tae work??!!”

Broke - Using Twitter to complain about Scotrail

Woke - Using Twitter to  complain about Scotrail's Twitter account not being suitably deferential to complainants.

Bespoke - Using P&B to complain about people complaining about Scotrail's handling of Twitter complaints.

6 hours ago, Savage Henry said:

Frequently so angry that they are tweeting the wrong company. Sort of understandable when Virgin Trains East Coast held the franchise, since it switched to LNER my Twitter feed is full of ‘Sorry that’s not one of our services’ replies. 

Especially bad during the like of mental snow or Hurricane Bawbag.

Sandra from Larkhall, riddled with the menopause, with zero idea of the intricacies of rail infrastructure (and even less basic thinking skills) giving it the “wee bit ae bad weather and the trains cannae cope!!!!” patter.

Frequently so angry that they are tweeting the wrong company. Sort of understandable when Virgin Trains East Coast held the franchise, since it switched to LNER my Twitter feed is full of ‘Sorry that’s not one of our services’ replies. 

@Shay Logan

I think in any job you are supposed to have a bit of decency in the reply. It wasn't a completely mental question/statement made by the wummin. If we all have to get to the station an hour before the train is due i am sure there'd be cause for moans.

The public are c***s though.

A normal thing to do would be to incentivise advanced purchases and advertise that.

A very weird thing to do is suggest (quite incorrectly) that your customers are criminals for not doing that.

Scotrail weird is then actually caring enough to get genuinely huffy on your works twitter account about it.