Fun commute home tonight. Normally a 6 carriage train from Edinburgh to Helensburgh, leaving Queen St around 5:30.

Reduced to 3 carriages today and absolutely rammed full from Queen St to Dumbarton. In this heat? Horrible.

36 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

To give Scotrail their due, they do have a queuing system to get into Haymarket after rugby games. I can’t be arsed with queuing so I just go to the pub until the queues die down.

I normally just keep on walking and get the train from Waverley - you miss the busiest services and it means you get a seat.

I normally just keep on walking and get the train from Waverley - you miss the busiest services and it means you get a seat.

I do the same, stopping at a few pubs on the way.

On 26/08/2019 at 07:11, IrishBhoy said:

Scotrail run and maintain the rolling stock, and put the staff in place to run the trains, that’s it. 

They also operate most, but not all, stations.

58 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

To give Scotrail their due, they do have a queuing system to get into Haymarket after rugby games. I can’t be arsed with queuing so I just go to the pub until the queues die down.

Problem would be solved if people stopped going to watch rugby.

Problem would be solved if people stopped going to watch rugby.

The SFA should ask them for tips? They manage to charge exorbitant ticket prices and still fill the stadium.

13 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

The SFA should ask them for tips? They manage to charge exorbitant ticket prices and still fill the stadium.

Full of people with little interest in sport. And of women.

2 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

Full of people with little interest in sport. And of women.

Only go to brag to the rest of their pals at the accountancy firm about how they had a can of beer on the train at 11am and how the atmosphere was amazing. 

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

When I was in London and railway or tube stations got too busy they just closed the gates for people entering. Happened quite often. Presumably they don't have the procedure in place here, with staff and police knowing what to do.

Might work in theory, and folk in London will be used to it, but imagine the reaction on closing a gate in front of hundreds/thousands of pissed up entitled Tories rugby fans. Would not go down well. 

Someone is treating the train to loud and pish dance music this morning, I assume it's acceptable to strangle them with my headphones.

Not that I use trains but say you buy the wrong tickets online, who do you go to, to sort it out?
I presume this dosnt happen a lot?

Not that I use trains but say you buy the wrong tickets online, who do you go to, to sort it out?
Do you have to print the tickets off aye? If so, speak to the booking office staff before you print them off. I'm not 100% on this process tbh but there is something in my head about an admin fee if you change tickets. Not entirely sure what that applies to though.

1 hour ago, G_Man1985 said:

The place where you bought them from?

You can get refunds on all tickets (minus a £10 admin fee), except Advance tickets where you can only change the date/time.

2 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

If it is within 24 hours of purchase they will do it for free (I am sure). If not there is an admin charge of circa £10. This was certainly how it used to be.

19QOS19 have you started your driver training yet?
Yeah.

1 hour ago, Muzza81 said:

If it is within 24 hours of purchase they will do it for free (I am sure). If not there is an admin charge of circa £10. This was certainly how it used to be.

Not anymore, at least online anyway. 

10 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Not anymore, at least online anyway. 

I’ve always called the c***s up.