Jump to content

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

So if there was no shower area, you’d then have to go queue to change in a cramped shared toilet area along with the rest of the carriage all planning to do the same thing at about the same time as you get into London. Also does nothing about the sweat point, unless you’re a sweaty nonce who showers at night rather than in the morning after getting up.

I see the posh rooms on the new trains have showers if they ever get them to work. Either that or you can have one at Euston in the Virgin 1st class lounge as I said. Hardly slumming it.

Edited by welshbairn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen this video this morning. This will show you exactly what the room is like and the facilities on board if it takes your fancy. Although I would say this guy got quite lucky with his experience as it was quite incident free, I don’t think the majority of passengers got so lucky. 

https://youtu.be/r8nwTEXSZEY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

So if there was no shower area, you’d then have to go queue to change in a cramped shared toilet area along with the rest of the carriage all planning to do the same thing at about the same time as you get into London. Also does nothing about the sweat point, unless you’re a sweaty nonce who showers at night rather than in the morning after getting up.

Ha. I believe that's a whole new thread in itself. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what kind of hotels you people book, but I wouldn't be happy to be stuck in that. I've spent the night in better police stations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Ha. I believe that's a whole new thread in itself. 

Someone should make it, I don't think Honest_Man#1's called me a nonce before in one of these threads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

You have a personal shower in each of the club rooms. It’s not a shower area like you get in the swimming baths or a gym. 

If you don’t book a room with a shower then you will be unable to have a shower. 

I was only responding to CR. He hadn’t mentioned there being showers in the post I quoted.

2 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Someone should make it, I don't think Honest_Man#1's called me a nonce before in one of these threads.

*sweaty nonce.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

Seen this video this morning. This will show you exactly what the room is like and the facilities on board if it takes your fancy. Although I would say this guy got quite lucky with his experience as it was quite incident free, I don’t think the majority of passengers got so lucky. 

https://youtu.be/r8nwTEXSZEY

That's the Club Rooms? They look utter shite. 

200 quid for an inferior standard of accommodation to that you would get at the Salvation Army.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

That's the Club Rooms? They look utter shite. 

200 quid for an inferior standard of accommodation to that you would get at the Salvation Army.

Aye for the price you’d be better just paying London hotel prices and getting a proper room with a bathroom that you can shower and then still use. 

I wouldn’t mind trying it once just to see but does appear to be madness if there’s people choosing that regularly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 20/06/2019 at 08:43, TheScarf said:

Sounds like the polar opposite of the Inverness services to Glasgow.  2 carriages taking people from the 7th biggest settlement in the country to the biggest.  That's even before you take people getting on at Aviemore and Perth into consideration.  This is on a Friday too.

 

On 08/04/2019 at 12:35, virginton said:

If you wanted a better train service then you shouldn’t have chosen to live in an irrelevant teuchter outpost tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clicked Aberdare instead of Aberdeen when checking fares. WTF! You can fly from Inverness to Bristol return for less than £80 and the train to Aberdare from there is £20. Can't think why, but they must be actively trying to persuade people not to take the train.

image.thumb.png.e870b3ede2c8c009b2996c7b63d14f45.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Clicked Aberdare instead of Aberdeen when checking fares. WTF! You can fly from Inverness to Bristol return for less than £80 and the train to Aberdare from there is £20. Can't think why, but they must be actively trying to persuade people not to take the train.

image.thumb.png.e870b3ede2c8c009b2996c7b63d14f45.png

Only 18 hrs journey time though.  Considerably shorter than a FlyBe FlyMaybe flight.

Such luxury doesn't come cheap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No ticket office service on Sunday evenings the last couple of weeks in Glasgow Central.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was none on Monday evening either and half of the machines were also humped

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shay Logan tweeting at ScotRail to complain about his train from Manchester to Carlisle, then when they point out his error, rather than delete or apologise, he doubles down and calls them liars. 

 

 

Edited by The Golden God

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Delayed Arbroath train, then changed platform, and got on the train, then Scotrail decided they weren’t going to Kirkcaldy anymore. Now on the 5.16 slow train.

Classic Scotrail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in a slight departure from the topic on this board im going to slag off network rail,not scotrail

used to be a piece of piss getting a reasonably priced train from the highlands to the south,you waited till 12 weeks from the journey then got your booking in

cant remember the last time I was able to do this, the prices are always quoted at the full rate because network rail haven't confirmed the timetables,every fucking time and im getting sick of it.im also led to believe that for all scotrails many problems,a lot of the bother with delayed trains etc in this country is due to network rails lack of maintenance of the infrastructure,dunno if that's true or not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

in a slight departure from the topic on this board im going to slag off network rail,not scotrail

used to be a piece of piss getting a reasonably priced train from the highlands to the south,you waited till 12 weeks from the journey then got your booking in

cant remember the last time I was able to do this, the prices are always quoted at the full rate because network rail haven't confirmed the timetables,every fucking time and im getting sick of it.im also led to believe that for all scotrails many problems,a lot of the bother with delayed trains etc in this country is due to network rails lack of maintenance of the infrastructure,dunno if that's true or not

Consider the Citylink Gold bus from Inverness to Glasgow or Edinburgh. It's brilliant!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, highlandcowden said:

in a slight departure from the topic on this board im going to slag off network rail,not scotrail

used to be a piece of piss getting a reasonably priced train from the highlands to the south,you waited till 12 weeks from the journey then got your booking in

cant remember the last time I was able to do this, the prices are always quoted at the full rate because network rail haven't confirmed the timetables,every fucking time and im getting sick of it.im also led to believe that for all scotrails many problems,a lot of the bother with delayed trains etc in this country is due to network rails lack of maintenance of the infrastructure,dunno if that's true or not

I got a return between Glasgow/Inverness mid September for £20 last week - no seat reserevations but still a sound deal!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do i buy an offpeak day return online?

It only seems to offer two advanced singles or an open return on the website now.

I know i can buy an open return but are they not more expensive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...