Scotrail

ScottR96

2 hours ago, kennie makevin said:

Anyone voting to scrap also named and shamed as slavering , doubly incontinent alky weirdo I presume. ? 

^^^ Temperance Movement Weirdo found.

But no. Removal of temporary measures introduced during covid should be the norm and not used as an excuse by the fun police to permanently ban others from doing things they don't like.

2 hours ago, Leith Green said:

"Rail users logging into ScotRail Wi-FI spots are being invited to take part a pop-up online survey"

WiFi hotspots, ffs............so not something vaguely sensible like "people who buy a ticket on Scotrails App" 😆

The sensible thing would be to by default remove the temporary measure now that the cause for the introduction of said measure no longer exists.

Unless Scotrail are planning on surveying the public on all future management decision such as what the next driver payrise should be or what time the last train should be then why single this particular decision out?

Edited by Todd_is_God

1 hour ago, Todd_is_God said:

The sensible thing would be to by default remove the temporary measure now that the cause for the introduction of said measure no longer exists.

Unless Scotrail are planning on surveying the public on all future management decision such as what the next driver payrise should be or what time the last train should be then why single this particular decision out?

I think we already know the answer to that question tbh. (And, the "survey")

42 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I'm planning on going down to Ayr at the end of the month but what's the deal with trains to the station at the moment? Do they still stop there or is there a bus replacement at some point?

They’ve started running trains to Ayr this week but you’ll need to change at Prestwick Town.

22 hours ago, TxRover said:

What the hell’s the point of public transportation/mass transit if you can’t get blootered and stagger to the bus stop/station to get home?

Indeed, and not to forget the throwing up in a shop doorway.

23 hours ago, doulikefish said:

I hope the ban stays I quite like having a beer on the train when it's banned it makes me feel like an alky 

My favourite time for a beer is on the way home from a night shift and everyone else has just had their breakfast.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

My favourite time for a beer is on the way home from a night shift and everyone else has just had their breakfast.

Used to see this regularly on one particular journey. An auld guy would get on wearing his work clothes and scud 2 cans of McEwans Export. At least I think he was on the way home...

They had this on the phone in on radio Scotland the other day. One gnashing fuckwit actually said "if ye cannea go 30 minutes wi oot a drink then there's a problem with you."

What about sitting down? What about the toilet,? If you can't go 30 minutes without doing them then surely there's something wrong with you?

Edited by HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows

2 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

They had this on the phone in on radio Scotland the other day. One gnashing fuckwit actually said "if ye cannea go 30 minutes wi oot a drink then there's a problem with you."

What about sitting down? What about the toilet,? If you can't go 30 minutes without doing them then surely there's something wrong with you?

It's the shitest logic in the world and you see it trotted out but with 90 minutes whenever beer at the football comes up. The EXACT same logic can be applied with the same level of stupidity to alcohol in any scenario, but for ease let's use a meal out as an example. 

I don’t order wine with a meal because I need to. I do it because I want to. Because I see it as part of my experience at that time and something  I would enjoy. Only a fucking moron deploys that line tbh. 

15 hours ago, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:

TBF if you can't go 30 minutes without needing the toilet, there probably is something wrong with you

• 2 weeks later...

Have Scotrail started locking all of the wee bins next to the carriage doors, or have I just been particularly unlucky in the past week?

Also, the electronic boards at stations have gradually become useless over the past twenty years. Ten seconds telling you that one of the lifts at Lower Pishflaps station is out of order because of rain, ten seconds announcing that there'll be no trains next weekend because buses are more fun, another ten seconds asking you not to leave your bags kicking about like a moron, then a quick flash of the upcoming departures...oh, you missed that? Well, another thirty seconds staring at static announcements that should be on posters, I guess. Maybe you'll catch it next time. Hope your train doesn't leave before then.