Scotrail

ScottR96

42 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

4 new 48hr strikes announced by the RMT for Network Rail workers for 13/14 and 16/17 December, then  3/4 and 6/7 of January.

A pain in the arse for me, having trains booked to London down the 3rd and back 7th of January, so had to book flights.  Slight inconvenience on my part, but nothing compared to the workers having to lose a lot of wages at this time of year. 

Anyway, up the workers and f**k the tories. 

Nobody is forcing them to strike.

2 hours ago, craigkillie said:

If they're already booked as holidays before the strike then you can, surely?

I suppose they wouldn't be strike days at that point so no issue?   I'm assuming you mean booking them before the strike was called. 

I suppose they wouldn't be strike days at that point so no issue?   I'm assuming you mean booking them before the strike was called. 
We have had situations like that in the past. Pre booked leave is honoured however if they were a union member they were "asked" to still give up their days pay. I have no idea if that happened or not.

I was obviously wrong about workers booking strike days as holidays after they were called, in my mind I was thinking that management would like more staff to be available on non strike days especially with working to rule, overtime bans and the like, but clearly they wouldn't want to make striking cost free to the strikers.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Currently on the train home from the football. 

Due to time constraints had to rush to the purchase of the carry out to a location with less choice, so got a 4 pack of Heineken Silver.

Was questioned by the conductor when he walked by. Managed to convince him that Heineken Silver is their non alcoholic version.