Scotrail

ScottR96

I was kind of assuming it was industrial action that was affecting everything, but maybe not.
Anyway thanks for all the replies and any other suggestions are welcome.
If you end up splitting the ticket don't buy one from Carlisle to Dumfries online as they charge double to what you can get it from the booking office. Wait until you get to Carlisle and buy it there. Think the CDR is about £6.50 now.

If you end up splitting the ticket don't buy one from Carlisle to Dumfries online as they charge double to what you can get it from the booking office. Wait until you get to Carlisle and buy it there. Think the CDR is about £6.50 now.

Driving home from Carlisle.

Just please don't buy your tickets from Trainline; the Ticketmaster of rail travel.

Also been known to sell tickets for services that don't exist due to engineering works etc...

You can almost always get the cheapest tickets from the website of the company you are going to travel with.

Reading this morning that ScotRail were refused their request to return to normal as regards alcohol on board by Jenny Gilruth.
Looks like that’s it for drinking on trains then.

09CDEC14-DF95-4CE4-9827-D7E857FA0BFF.thumb.jpeg.fd752e59e55d638b2da94abd560b6761.jpeg
SNP thread for this pish. Heard a few weeks ago that one of the Unions had agreed to bringing it back. Our nanny state leaders in full effect again.

On 28/08/2022 at 23:43, mac.i said:

You can almost always get the cheapest tickets from the website of the company you are going to travel with.

I don't find this to be the case at all. I always check both as I use trains to go to the fitba all the time, but splitmyfare has saved me a fortune over the time I've been using it.

This very day they've saved me four quid on a Scotrail journey compared to Scotrail themselves.

Savings coming from the Midlands to Scotland are sometimes quite substantial compared to the operator's online pricing.

Edited by VincentGuerin

6 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

I don't find this to be the case at all. I always check both as I use trains to go to the fitba all the time, but splitmyfare has saved me a fortune over the time I've been using it.

This very day they've saved me four quid on a Scotrail journey compared to Scotrail themselves.

Savings coming from the Midlands to Scotland are sometimes quite substantial compared to the operator's online pricing.

You'd save another quid by buying the tickets on Scotrail after finding out how to split them.

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You'd save another quid by buying the tickets on Scotrail after finding out how to split them.

Probably. But then comes the effort of spending time to do that on each different route that I use over the course of a year or so.

We're into dodgy cost/benefit territory there.