Scotrail

ScottR96

2 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

My kids and their children will inherit £millions when I die. What I do with my earned wealth is my business. I’ve never had an inheritance or help with buying property but  I’m in a position where I can help my family and no one can convince me otherwise.

I could blow it all away on drugs, booze, gambling and hookers but I leave that lifestyle to others in the P&B forum. That’s their choice.

It actually isn’t.  The government tax it above a certain level.

Just now, SuperSaints1877 said:

As it happens I don’t have a lavish lifestyle. There are many on here who post while they are supposed to be working. Are you one of those?

I'm working right now, and it doesn't make you any less of a fanny. HTH

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Seems to be another troll approaching an endgame, as he is spouting angry shite all over the forum. I actually reported one of his posts that got removed yesterday because it was fucking vile. 

^^ Lee Wallace

Vile as in controversial, or just disgustingly boring?

1 minute ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

As it happens I don’t have a lavish lifestyle. There are many on here who post while they are supposed to be working. Are you one of those?

What a tremendous state to get yourself into 😂

Just now, oaksoft said:

Not easily. I won't deny that.

You'll never find me defending Universal Credit - either the theory behind it or the practical implementation of it. As far as I am concerned it was designed by people who deluded themselves into believing that those on long term unemployment simply need a kick up the arse. It's a result of someone spending no more than 20 minutes walking round a sink council estate and thinking they have all the answers.

Initially I dismissed the numerous problems with UC as errors in setting up processes etc, but quite a lot of these sneaky changes are completely cynical and fly in the face of what the DWP claim to be trying to achieve with it. It's one of the worst government projects in the last 50 years. 

4 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

And that’s exactly why you are still working. 

Got any tips m8?

3 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Vile as in controversial, or just disgustingly boring?

Controversial. A very below the belt dig at another posters personal issues. I wont elaborate any further as hopefully they didn't even see it. 

14 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

My kids and their children will inherit £millions when I die. What I do with my earned wealth is my business. I’ve never had an inheritance or help with buying property but  I’m in a position where I can help my family and no one can convince me otherwise.

I could blow it all away on drugs, booze, gambling and hookers but I leave that lifestyle to others in the P&B forum. That’s their choice.

Daddy! Is that you?

Just now, oaksoft said:

I would agre with that.

And further to my last comment about the self employment thing being deliberate. Of course it is. They've already said it.

Buried deep in some government meeting minutes I read something about them wanting to end "fake self-employment" where people took on an Avon round or sell stuff on eBay to justify them not needing to seek work whilst they claimed benefits.

The sad truth is that things like Avon and eBay are very often easy and very fast ways out of poverty. Not because they bring in a ton of cash but because they get people out of the house, give them purpose, give them a few quid they can then put away to buy stock for a bigger business. These "business ventures" are often sneered at by employees or by government officials or by "genuine businessmen" because they think it's all a bit cringey and low class but they are brilliant seed business ideas, costing f**k all to setup, for those who want to use them as kindling to create a bigger fire. I do get very annoyed at people like the Dragons Den clowns using phrases like "lifestyle businesses" to describe them.

Agree with all of that - when you've spent a fair bit of time dealing with UC, it's actually pretty eye-opening the various wee changes that have been implemented to simply make things harder for claimants to resolve, or even get help with. It doesn't help of course that a lot of DWP's own call centre staff don't fully understand it because they've had absolutely minimal training, or in one case that i know, just been told to use Google 😂

Initially I dismissed the numerous problems with UC as errors in setting up processes etc, but quite a lot of these sneaky changes are completely cynical and fly in the face of what the DWP claim to be trying to achieve with it. It's one of the worst government projects in the last 50 years. 
Do they even still have a date for full rollout. Last I saw was something like 2026 which considering when it was launched is a total disgrace. I remember LA benefit sections being restructured about 10 years ago due to UC "ratiionalising" the number of staff required and it's still not been fully implemented.

On a train to Glasgow right now. Absolutely mobbed, so took a seat in first class, happy to pay the upgrade. 

The guard said he wasn't going to charge for upgrades. It's now standing room only in the first class carriage. There's a gammony looking fucker (Oaksoft?) sitting in a seat nearby who is clearly absolutely seething at this turn of events. 

Good old Scotrail and their Guards. Worth every penny of their 95k salary!! 

Do they even still have a date for full rollout. Last I saw was something like 2026 which considering when it was launched is a total disgrace. I remember LA benefit sections being restructured about 10 years ago due to UC "ratiionalising" the number of staff required and it's still not been fully implemented.
Mind when it was going to be fully rolled out by 2016? Hopeless stuff. Aye I think it's 2026 now but will definitely slip again

Issue with that is a fair chunk of wealth that people inherit will be property rather than cash.

Just needs to be planned correctly. Use a limited company with childrens included and get a legal document foregoing any loan created by the purchase of assets

30 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

On a train to Glasgow right now. Absolutely mobbed, so took a seat in first class, happy to pay the upgrade. 

The guard said he wasn't going to charge for upgrades. It's now standing room only in the first class carriage. There's a gammony looking fucker (Oaksoft?) sitting in a seat nearby who is clearly absolutely seething at this turn of events. 

Good old Scotrail and their Guards. Worth every penny of their 95k salary!! 

I’m sure the rule is that they open first class at no extra charge when the train reaches a certain capacity.

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

I’m sure the rule is that they open first class at no extra charge when the train reaches a certain capacity.

I think that’s on the discretion of the train staff. At least that’s what I was told when my train from London was cancelled a few weeks ago and they opened first class to all. They don’t have to, but if they do declassify first class everyone in first class is entitled to a refund.